new to cg... need sensitive skin advice

winechicwinechic Posts: 22Registered Users
I've read the Curly Girl book before and taken some advice from it, but this time I'm going for the complete system. Today I am donating my hair to Locks of Love, and the remainder of it I will be taking care of the cg way.

I've taken an inventory of my conditioners and was surprised to find that most of them I wouldn't be able to use. However, I have very sensitive skin so I foresee a long month ahead of trying to find a cg friendly conditioner that won't make my skin break out. Any recommendations?
Currently using Suave Naturals Coconut (unless it's out, then whatever is similar). The gel/curl enhancer I'm still playing with.

Comments

• stargazerstargazer Posts: 21Registered Users
    i use back-to-basics (backtobasics.com or you can get it a tradesecrets.com) it's all natural and WORKS WONDERS!:nike:
  • curly01curly01 Posts: 284Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My skin breaks out very easily too. I have been loving [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mop-Top-Daily-Conditioner-p-313.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=moptop-daily-conditioner]Mop Top Daily conditioner[/buylink]. It's CG, super moisturizing, and very concentrated. An 8 oz bottle lasts a long time.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,634Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome, winechic!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    You might want to search for posts of tmmycat, she seems to have a lot of skin sensitivites and has been trying to work these into a CG (or modified, I can't remember) routine.

I have not quite so many skin sensitivites but I like many of the same products as her, for their fairly natural ingredient lists and their rinsability.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file