'rebellious hair'

snowgoosesnowgoose Registered Users Posts: 76
bah, went into a salon yesterday to buy some manic moisture. Went to pay and was asked if I wanted the poo that went with it. No thanks. I replied. She looked at me a little strangely. So I elaborated. I odn't use shampoo.'What, never?!'. 'hardly ever, it makes my hair frizzy.'
She looked at me, (granted I'm still working on my hair but it's got loads of spirals etc etc,and wasn't frizzy yesterday morning) and she said' You just need a shampoo for rebellious hair.'

I took my purchase and walked out. I know one salon I won't be letting use it's scissors on my hair!

Told dh, and he was appalled. (He likes my curly hair!!!!!!!:))
3a,fine.
using : a varied assortment till I work out what the heck is going on
scrunch or plop with old t shirt
Garnier endurance hold gel

Mop clean system- hair feels stripped after using it. Anyone want it? then I can justify getting something different.

4 kids, 1 husband, emigrated to Australia -filling in forms, buying a house, sorting out school...and trying to track down hair products

= no time

Comments

• shellynotshellynot Registered Users Posts: 1,140
    how rude! she didn't know what she was talking about, obviously.

don't let it get you down!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• snowgoosesnowgoose Registered Users Posts: 76
    lol, actually it's pretty nice to have anything about me described as rebellious! people usually just see the kids!!!!! :0

( but I'm guessing she wasn't being complementary lol)
    3a,fine.
    using : a varied assortment till I work out what the heck is going on
    scrunch or plop with old t shirt
    Garnier endurance hold gel

Mop clean system- hair feels stripped after using it. Anyone want it? then I can justify getting something different.

4 kids, 1 husband, emigrated to Australia -filling in forms, buying a house, sorting out school...and trying to track down hair products

= no time
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Banned Users Posts: 232
    I told my boyfriend about this and he said I have a rebellious chest. He's so right.
  • spanglishladyspanglishlady Registered Users Posts: 12
    I wouldn't mind being described as "rebellious" either. I think the stylist "just needs" to mind her own business. Then again, I never tell anyone other than my sisters that I don't (or rarely, in the past) wash my hair. People just don't get it.
    3b with some 3a in the canopy
    I love Biolage Conditioning Balm, but everything else is always up in the air!
    Right now testing: Suave Daily Clarifying Condish for cowash/leave in, HE Totally Twisted, and Aquage Defining Gel.
    I'm back on the poo, but rarely...
  • tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
    I get this a lot too on the rare occassions when I tell people I don't use shampoo. I think when people hear "I don't shampoo my hair" they think it means "I don't wash my hair," because shampoo is the only washing method they know about. but there are so many options for washing hair besides shampoo that they just haven't heard about yet.

I have even heard about people washing their hair with a clay mask and that sounds interesting to me. it would absorb some of the oil and leave some in ... I would love to try that. or even water only. that would be awesome if I could get it to work.

rebellious is a nice compliment in my mind :)
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file