Aaaah! Got my hair cut today...

live2dream88live2dream88 Registered Users Posts: 98
I'm sure some of you have went through this emotional experience before, but I just got a ton of my hair chopped off! Way more than I was thinking. I said I wanted a change, shorter, more volume and curlier, etc. The stylist was deva-trained curly recommended ([email protected] Mezzanine in Mpls). so I was so excited about it. She was really good, cut my hair dry and gave it a nice shape and volume, but I just got really emotional when I saw it. It hasn't been this short since I was 15! I cried the whole way home!! I really didn't think it would be this hard. I am just so used to my long hair, and now it's gone! I was telling myself before I got it cut that it will always grow back, but damn, it's going to take years! Why did I do this?! I have mixed feelings I guess. I kinda like it, but it just freaks me out like it's not really me, like having long curly hair was part of my personality. Well it's still curly- even more curly! And when I got home, I rinsed it and put in some of my JCSS, MopC & CF gel and let it airdry. It's really bouncy and "cute". Aaaah! I don't know if I like "cute". Well who am I kidding, there's so much worse than that. And I know it looks better than when I was 15- I remember that frizzy pouf of hair that I didn't know what to do with! Thanks to all of you, I'm finding the right products and techniques. Now maybe plopping will work for me, it didn't when my hair was long! Well this is getting kinda long, I just had to vent or whatever and maybe some of you curlies can relate! Take a look at the photos if you want.

Peace & Curly Love!

3a or 2C
Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

pw: curlygirl

:color:"Peace comes from within, do not seek it without..."

Comments

• ringletmama2ringletmama2 Registered Users Posts: 321
    I think it looks beautiful!! When you said short I was expecting SHORT but what you have is the perfect length--you can do so much with it and it flatters your face. I'm sure it is a huge change because your hair was extremely long, but IMHO this suits you so much better. It is a cut with style!
    3B: very thick, fine, easily weighed down by products

Current styling products:
    Biolage Gelee or BRHG on top of
    KCKT as a leave in or CK when humid
    or just Joiwhip alone for moderate weather conditions
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    HI there:

First of all...I think your hair looks soooo much healthier and prettier at that length and it suits you! You are really pretty!

Just remember to breathe and relax...it is a big change and might seem strange for a while, but once you style it yourself and play with it, I am sure you will really love it!

You do look great! I hope you end up enjoying your new cut! :)
  • live2dream88live2dream88 Registered Users Posts: 98
    Thanks you guys! Maybe I was overreacting. My husband liked it better long, but what does he know about style? It just made me feel bad though-even though he didn't say anything bad about it- I just start thinking that! I hope he will start liking it more too!

3a or 2C
    Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    It really looks lovely. Cute is not the right word. It healthy and styled. Much more sophisticated and grown up! You don't look like a teenager--and I mean that as a compliment--LOL!!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • criscatcriscat Registered Users Posts: 355
    Your haircut is great.
    Can't say they same about your husbands comments :angry7:
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,720
    Love the cut! It looks so much curlier and bouncier. Love the color in all the pics. So shiny too!:thumbright:
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • live2dream88live2dream88 Registered Users Posts: 98
    I'm really starting to like it now! It's so much easier to style and take care of! My hubby said if my hair was redder, I would look like Carrot top! Aaah- he knows I can't stand Carrot top- he's got the ugliest face in the world! (I also hate when people say that when I have kids they will be little Carrot Tops! Nooo! Bad comparison there.) So I'm a little peeved with him, maybe I'll have to find someone else who appreciates me and my curly hair. Just cuz he has long straight hair down to his ass doesn't mean he's better than me! I just can't stand him right now and I surely don't give a **** what he thinks. Sorry to get so personal on here, I just have no one to talk to...

(kinda feel bad now about saying Carrot top has the ugliest face in the world, he really is funny and makes fun of himself- I saw him in Vegas- I just feel bad for him- no one can help what you're born with (unless you get plastic surgery). I just don't like me or my future kids to be compared to him. I really don't like comparisons, period. Everyone is unique and special in their own way!)

3a or 2C
    Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

• curlinicatorcurlinicator Registered Users Posts: 911
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    It's so cute and healthy! I love it!
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I think she gave you a fabulous cut. It's extremely becoming, doesn't look short, makes your hair much curlier. what's not to like? I know it must be a real adjustment for with the length change, though.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I think it looks beautiful!! When you said short I was expecting SHORT but what you have is the perfect length--you can do so much with it and it flatters your face. I'm sure it is a huge change because your hair was extremely long, but IMHO this suits you so much better. It is a cut with style!

Exactly my thoughts. All of them. :) It may be a big change for you, but it is beautiful. :) If you really want it to grow out, you can join us on the growth thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=44010
    :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • acacia54acacia54 Registered Users Posts: 42
    It's everything everyone already said and, being from the Great White North, I've never thought there'd be a reason for me to travel, to Minniapolis (pretty sure I spelled that wrong...) but now I'm dying to jump on a plane and book an appointment!
    Mostly 3b/some 3a using CHS Curl Keeper...got the moisture kit and loving it so far. Even the poo, and definitely the CK!
  • winifredwinifred Registered Users Posts: 295
    Your hair looks fantastic! When you said short, I thought you meant ear length or something. It is a very flattering cut.

Oh, and ignore the husband's silly comments.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file