Retin A or Renova

missy60missy60 Posts: 351Registered Users
Im thinking about trying one of these Im just not sure which to get. I have wrinkles and thats what I would be using it for. I have very dry skin Im not sure if that makes a difference in the products. I have been thinking about getting it from Medsmex. I dont have really sensitive skin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    missy60 wrote: »
    Im thinking about trying one of these Im just not sure which to get. I have wrinkles and thats what I would be using it for. I have very dry skin Im not sure if that makes a difference in the products. I have been thinking about getting it from Medsmex. I dont have really sensitive skin

Renova is best used by people with dry-skin who are not acne-prone.
  • missy60missy60 Posts: 351Registered Users
    Thanks so much I kept thinking about Renova but I couldnt remember if that was because it was the best for my skin or if I had just heard it mention. I dont have acne just sort of enlarged pores
  • criscatcriscat Posts: 355Registered Users
    I agree with redcatwaves, renova is more emollient than Retin-A. The only draw back is that it is available only in the 0.05% concentration (at least where I live).

So, if you are a new user, maybe it would be best to start with a lower concentration of Retin-A, the 0.025 cream, and follow up with moisturizer.

As soon as your skin adapts, you could move up to Renova.

Either way, it is a fantastic drug :)
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    My two cents. I tried out Retin A last Sunday, this morning (Friday) I noticed I had little dry flakes of skin on my forehead and nose area. Glad I noticed because I was getting ready to apply more Retin A. I think I'll stick with the once a week application for a couple more weeks.
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file