Looking to try WEN by Chaz Dean

cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
Anyone? Thanks in advance.
CypressMom
3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    This seems to come up every couple of days. I do not blame you though, the search engine on this site has a minimum character limit of 4, so searching for "wen" would not get you very far.

I have not used this product, but my opinion is that:

- He is attempting to capitalize on the simple concept of co-washing, which his product is not necessary to do
    - His product is very expensive
    - There are a lot of cheap products out there that one can co-wash with if we want to co-wash
    - He really didn't invent the concept, so I kind of wish he would shut up
    - It has silicones, I don't see how those are supposed to be removed. Probably like all silicone products, it is that way so that we think we need more of the product.

In short, I have no respect or admiration for this product. It might be the best cone conditioner in the world, but it's just cone conditioner. And the marketing of it annoys me.
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    Well then... thank you very much! lol. My hair HATES cones, so this product isn't for me.

Thanks again!
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    LOL sorry to be so negative. I just keep seeing this infomercial and it keeps annoying me. Because for most of it I'm all like "Yeah you don't have to lather your hair yep yep!" Until I get to the part where you need Chaz's magical product to deliver you from the lather. Vo5'll work.
    lol! The infomercial does make it seem magical. ;)
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

• curlybohocurlyboho Registered Users Posts: 130
    I will 2nd that. I paid $14 for a bottle of the Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner, and that is just what it is conditioner. I found that washing with it (because of the cones) left a build up on my scalp. It works nice as a leave-in and it has a cool bottle but it didn't work for me. I would much rather stick to c/o washing and using baking soda once a week.
    Low Porosity-Medium Density

Hair loves all sorts of proteins...my curls come to life in hot humid weather!
    Thanks for sharing!
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

• curly2curly2 Registered Users Posts: 320
    I have the Wen products and used them a couple of times. I liked the smell, but they weigh down my hair. I am blonde with 3a/b thin hair, although I have alot of it. I agree it is a gimmick, when you can cowash with much cheaper stuff. I am willing to sell if you are interested, if not that is okay too. I am cleaning out under my sink and am putting some products in a plastic tub for a couple of months, if I don't use them within 2 months, they are out of here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file