• GuardianBGuardianB Registered Users Posts: 1,905 Curl Connoisseur
    OH geez I forgot to vote. :shock:

wait no I didn't. I dont' care. :roll:
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    PartyHair wrote:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    papayahed wrote:
    My Aunt Mary has more balls then you, suck it up and stay.

Hey! I have an Aunt Mary too! :lol:

I have a theory that everyone in the USA has an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. :D

Everyone in the USA who isn't Jewish, maybe. It's not generally approved of for a Jew to name their kid Mary. Or Jesus. Or, much to my dismay, many other names that I can't see much rhyme or reason to dismissing except that they sound "not Jewish." Could just be my dad being anal, though. I shudder to think about the huff he's going to get in if I accidentally name my kid something inappropriate.

Oh wait, I digress. Sorry.

There's definitely Jews in the USA... Which means there's a whole slew of people in the USA who don't have an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. So not "everyone" in the USA has an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. Killed that theory to smithereens, didn't I? :lol:

Doggone you and your thinking things through! :lol: In the light of this information that has been offered (which I should've thought of but didn't - oh well) I retract my original statement and instead submit the following: "I have a theory that everyone in the USA has an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria...unless they don't, due to religious and/or cultural reasons such as, but not limited to, being of the Jewish persuasion."

Is that better? ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    fig jam wrote:
    Go.

And I'll PM you with a list of people to take with you.

HTH!! 8)

ok, THIS is by far the best post in this thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • big hairbig hair Registered Users Posts: 70
    stay
    Born Naturally Red!! "that's my story and I'm sticken' to it".
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Banned Users Posts: 3,826
    if you stay there will be double.
  • dia99dia99 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    Is there a way to create a different username in order to vote? Can you vote as a guest? I just find it hard to believe that 65 people cared enough to vote - and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all. There don't seem to be 65 people responding to threads you are a part of.

I think you should forget about the poll and just stay - I'm overconfident that this is right decision! Then, all the people who voted for you to leave will have something else to bring up when you get on their nerves.

future conversations...

BIGBRET - I'm not condescending, just confident!

zmanzzzz (random fictitious example) - Didn't we vote you off?

By the way, I was wondering, BIGBRET - did you vote for yourself to stay or go? :D

I thought the Bush election post was the best one - quite cute!
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Banned Users Posts: 3,826
    bret, when i have troubles i just do what lydia says and everything is better. 8)
  • BIGBRETBIGBRET Registered Users Posts: 24
    Actually you cannot vote for yourself. I ran the poll for 5 days. That way everyone would have a chance to reply. Not looking good for me right now.

To those who ? my confidence. This was not meant to be a board suicide. I am not looking for satisfaction in the posts of strangers. My ego and confidence are still completely intact.

You now I found it a bit ironic that people derailed and trashed my honest attempt to please the masses. We talked in some detail about how posting a warning was a courtesy that should be extended so that others did not trip into something that could get them in trouble. Then when a person throws himself out there totally exposed. What did most do? They trashed me and my albeit dramatic, but sincere attempt to make the board happy? Where is your courtesy now?

To those who posted on topic and voted and/or expressed their wishes to stay. I thank you. I will not post again in any thread until this poll ends, and I know my fate.
    "We share the same biology regardless of ideology" -Sting-
  • ~915~~915~ Registered Users Posts: 519
    Well, do we get to hear a list of each and every alias that you've used here?
  • Dee CurlzDee Curlz Registered Users Posts: 123
    Stay. The more the merrier!
  • dia99dia99 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    I'm thinking the new members "BRETsuxors", "boobaloob", "fartsRfun" and "WTFdood", among others, might be aliases created to destroy the integrity of this process. :lol:

I could be wrong, and I apologize if farts really R fun!

Lydia

Memberlist descending
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • multicolorcurlsmulticolorcurls Registered Users Posts: 85
    PartyHair wrote:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    papayahed wrote:
    My Aunt Mary has more balls then you, suck it up and stay.

Hey! I have an Aunt Mary too! :lol:

I have a theory that everyone in the USA has an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. :D

Everyone in the USA who isn't Jewish, maybe. It's not generally approved of for a Jew to name their kid Mary. Or Jesus. Or, much to my dismay, many other names that I can't see much rhyme or reason to dismissing except that they sound "not Jewish." Could just be my dad being anal, though. I shudder to think about the huff he's going to get in if I accidentally name my kid something inappropriate.

Oh wait, I digress. Sorry.

There's definitely Jews in the USA... Which means there's a whole slew of people in the USA who don't have an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. So not "everyone" in the USA has an Aunt Mary or an Aunt Maria. Killed that theory to smithereens, didn't I? :lol:

Back to the matter at hand... Although I don't have an Aunt Mary, I'll ditto papayahed's sentiment: grow a set. You're never going to get a 100% approval rating.

In addition... well, everything that Dia said.

It's possible to be Jewish and have non-Jewish aunts.. annnnd I have an Aunt Mary who is Jewish 8)

My Aunt Mary though, fewer balls sorry to say
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    BIGBRET wrote:

To those who ? my confidence. This was not meant to be a board suicide. I am not looking for satisfaction in the posts of strangers. My ego and confidence are still completely intact.

You now I found it a bit ironic that people derailed and trashed my honest attempt to please the masses. We talked in some detail about how posting a warning was a courtesy that should be extended so that others did not trip into something that could get them in trouble. Then when a person throws himself out there totally exposed. What did most do? They trashed me and my albeit dramatic, but sincere attempt to make the board happy? Where is your courtesy now?

To those who posted on topic and voted and/or expressed their wishes to stay. I thank you. I will not post again in any thread until this poll ends, and I know my fate.

If you are as confident that you say that you are "pleasing the masses" (esp the ones here) would not matter. No one has "trashed" you, I think that most of us read that you aren't condescending or conceited, just "overly confident." A lot of the replies are based on the fact that you'd stated those characteristics about yourself, you are a man, and having been a member here for as long as you have, you don't have many posts. I think that a lot of us, myself included, just thought that posting if you should stay or go was a bit on the "drama queen" side...and this doubled some of the posts because of your claim of confidence. Almost a "whhaaa-boo-hoo" because some people replied to your "NSFW Be Honest" thread. Your experiment of seeing who would really click or not was a bit ridiculous and skewed. When you were told that you're a troublemaker, you pulled the equivalent of taking-my-ball-and-going-home.

You will know your "fate" after the poll ends? Bret. Gimme a break. If you want to post here, go for it. There are plenty on here who don't like me, as well as a few of the other boards that I post on...and that's fine. I don't really care. These people know me from a bunch of words that I might put on a message board. They don't know my life, my background, or ME personally. So, they are free to place whatever judgements they want on me. *I* have enough confience to know within myself that it doesn't matter what they think.
    :rambo:
  • BRET suxorsBRET suxors Registered Users Posts: 3
    dia99 wrote:
    I'm thinking the new members "BRETsuxors", "boobaloob", "fartsRfun" and "WTFdood", among others, might be aliases created to destroy the integrity of this process. :lol:

Lydia

Who, me? What are you talking about? I'm no alias! :evil:

:lol::wink:
  • EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    dia99 wrote:

Lydia

Who, me? What are you talking about? I'm no alias
    :roll:
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
    curlytop34 wrote:
    dia99 wrote:

Lydia

Sorry you didn't find this funny, Elicia. Actually, your sentiments are exactly mine regarding the poll in the first place.
    curlytop34 wrote:
    dia99 wrote:

Lydia

Sorry you didn't find this funny, Elicia. Actually, your sentiments are exactly mine regarding the poll in the first place.

:shock: mom is that you ? god you freaked me out by calling me by my name :lol: okay i guess you are not really him :oops: --who are you?
    Yes, it's your mother, young lady!!! What are you doing on the hair boards?!? :lol:
    Yes, it's your mother, young lady!!! What are you doing on the hair boards?!? :lol:

just monitoring the election results. it's a little close to call, but i think the blue states may take it this time :lol:
  • ChakraChakra Registered Users Posts: 172
    It is SO close.....what are you going to do? Stay or Go?
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Registered Users Posts: 162
    I have an Aunt Merry. Merry Christine.

Anyone want to guess her birthdate? :?
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • Baby Wile EBaby Wile E Registered Users Posts: 1
    Chakra wrote:
    It is SO close.....what are you going to do? Stay or Go?
    Dang aliases! :wink:
    tumblebaby.gif
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    If you want to post here, go for it. There are plenty on here who don't like me, as well as a few of the other boards that I post on...and that's fine. I don't really care. These people know me from a bunch of words that I might put on a message board. They don't know my life, my background, or ME personally. So, they are free to place whatever judgements they want on me. *I* have enough confience to know within myself that it doesn't matter what they think.

Once again, ITA with M2LR & Co!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    kurlykitty wrote:
    I have an Aunt Merry. Merry Christine.

Anyone want to guess her birthdate? :?

Long time no see/post.

Welcome back!!!
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • RagdollRagdoll Registered Users Posts: 7
    mmm need a no opinion choice.. since I haven't posted here in a long time I have no opinion

R
  • bensonhurstbensonhurst Registered Users Posts: 12
    GO.
  • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Registered Users Posts: 335
    I voted "go": for one reason only. If you are worried enough about what a bunch of grumpy women you dont know think of you on some message board, then you are clearly overly preoccupied with this whole thing and should leave for your own sake.

If you stay, we would love to torment you some more. :twisted:
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Registered Users Posts: 436
    I will not post again in any thread until this poll ends, and I know my fate.

Ego_Overblown.gif
  • blanclilablanclila Registered Users Posts: 107
    When does the poll end? April Fool's Day? :lol:
    wavy / coarse / thick

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file