EXTRA EXTRA Read All About Her!

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
200_tanika.jpg

This is Tanika Ray from Extra. I love her hair and hair colour.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• cloverclover Posts: 16Registered Users
    I won't say anything negative but her hair does look good....if it's all hers! :?
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Yeah I love how bouncy and full it looks. My hair kinda looks like that if I do big braids.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    clover wrote:
    I won't say anything negative but her hair does look good....if it's all hers! :?

I'm with Clover. I find her hair suspect too.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
    When you say 'suspect' do you mean she's wearing a weave?
  • PsychePsyche Posts: 90Registered Users
    Whenever I see her on the show it looks like she's wearing a wig.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    msjoker wrote:

Yep. In that particular pic her hair looks 3b/cish, then other times a 4a/b. For what it's worth, I do like the style and color on her.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • niclarniclar Posts: 110Registered Users
    hers or not the style is cute and achievable :D
    http://public.fotki.com/nicolelarri/2008/

PW: lovely
    Natural 4a/some 4b type hair, Thin, cottony coffee straw coils

Thought I found my HG (KKCC)..its good but Im sure there's better:wink:

Curls Milkshake current leave in, Fantasia IC w/Olive Oil gel for smoothing/shine, Curls Goddess Glaze for Twist/Braid outs.
    jada1111 wrote:
    msjoker wrote:

Yep. In that particular pic her hair looks 3b/cish, then other times a 4a/b. For what it's worth, I do like the style and color on her.

Ok, thanks for the clarification :D
  • L1S1L1S1 Posts: 91Registered Users
    I have noticed that when we question another woman of color's hair texture (read: say it is a weave) allows white women believe that women of color can only have one type of hair (short and unmanageable).

Take some time to read when white women evaluate each others hair. They do not do belittle or create unnecessary doubt. That is because they don't have the insecurities woman of color have (read 3c to 4b).

How about evaluating what you can see rather than creating doubt over what you may suspect.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    L1S1 wrote:
    I have noticed that when we question another woman of color's hair texture (read: say it is a weave) allows white women believe that women of color can only have one type of hair (short and unmanageable).

Take some time to read when white women evaluate each others hair. They do not do belittle or create unnecessary doubt. That is because they don't have the insecurities woman of color have (read 3c to 4b).

How about evaluating what you can see rather than creating doubt over what you may suspect.

I agree with everything except I think white women have their own set of insecurities. We, unfortunately, have had so much negative indoctrination regarding our hair, that we focus too much attention on this area, perhaps.

But you are right. I always wonder why we are so quick to call "weave"...and it's really interesting because it seems that white celebrities are equally likely to have weaves and extensions...just nobody every talks about it. Go figure.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • lalapixielalapixie Posts: 242Registered Users
    i'm a 4a and i can achieve a similar texture with a braidout or twistout i think most of us could... i love the cut this is the look i'm going for but i need my hair shaped to frame my face like this i'm definitely bookmarking this picture... the color is nice too, too bad i'm too addicted to jet black to play with color
    violently happy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file