Anyone have a curly stylist in Las Vegas?

pigreyhoundpigreyhound Registered Users Posts: 764
Hello,
We are traveling to Las Vegas in June and I thought I would ask if anyone knew of a deva stylist there. There isn't much on CurlSalon and I am kind of surprised since it is such a large city.
I had my hair done there in the past by two different stylists that claimed they knew how to manage curly hair....well, I spent way too much money to find out that they didn't. So I am hesitant to even book another appointment without someone giving me a recommendation.
So if anyone has any recommendations, please send them along! :compress:
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Comments

• vegas_curlsvegas_curls Registered Users Posts: 860 Curl Novice
    Drat, I was really hoping to find some responses in this thread. I'm still pretty new to this city and therefore don't know of any curl-worthy stylists.

It'll be 6 months soon that I've had my last trim. My hair is thick and grows pretty fast, so right now I feel like I have a medium-sized animal sprouting out of my head.

I just went to the curlsalons section - there are 2 salons that received good reviews, but both are dated from about 2 years ago. There's a 3rd salon recommendation located in Henderson (a nearby city) who's review was posted just this past October. I may give it a call and try to work up the nerve to pay them a visit.
  • billie_halledaybillie_halleday Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hey - just wanted to see if you found anyone that could help. I just moved to Las Vegas too and looking for a stylist.
  • finallylikemyhairfinallylikemyhair Registered Users Posts: 219 Curl Neophyte
    I found this post on a stylist in Las Vegas. I used to live there, but I didn't cut my hair curly then so I'm no help, but this lady had a stylist. So here's the link. If it doesn't work she posted as the one saying biloxi/new orleans in the salon/stylist chatter.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=55462
    3A hair.
    Use suave naturals to wash hair daily.
    Carol's Daughters Tui leave in conditioner
    protein treatment once a month
    got2be gel
  • Ember_IsEmber_Is Registered Users Posts: 8
    I'm going to give Melissa at Globe a try over the next week or so and will post my experiences! She apparently has curly hair herself and is listed on the staff bios of the website as a curly-hair expert. We'll see!!
    Las Vegas, baby! 3A with some waves underneath in back.

CG
    Products: VO5 Kiwi Lime or Vanilla Mint clarifying for CO-wash 2-3x/wk, Aloe 80 condish, honey rinse, Alagio Crazy Curls for definition underneath BRHG
    And then: Scrunch, then plop with microfiber towel x 10-15 min, then air dry or diffuse
    Hair hates: glycerin, cones
    Hair loves: Honey, shea butter
  • doonedoone Registered Users Posts: 14
    Hi All-
    You can check www.devaconcepts.com and find styists that have received the deva training. A fellow curyly let me know of this site while I was searching for a stylist in my area. Of course, you won't find reviews on that site but it does provide a good starting point.
    3a, below shoulder length, CG since January 2009

Co-wash -- Suave Naturals Coconut, Hair One Cleansing Cream Olive Oil
    Rinse-out -- Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni 50:50
    Leave-in -- Lustrasilk Shea Butter, Giovanni 50:50
    Stylers -- HESMU
    Other likes -- MF towel, occasional diffusing, JC Awe Inspiring Spray
    Currently trying KCKT/KCCC & loving them!
  • hottie_hairhottie_hair Registered Users Posts: 1
    We can take care of you here at Hottie Hair Salon - Las Vegas

Jen or Crystal is really good with curly hair!
  • raindearraindear Registered Users Posts: 356 Curl Neophyte
    I called Hottie Hair Salon and Crystal answered the phone. So far I am impressed. Unlike my experience at Destination Manhattan Salon (see my intro post or my review), Crystal knew what I was talking about. Tomorrow, I will get a cut and consult. I will definitely post about the experience.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • raindearraindear Registered Users Posts: 356 Curl Neophyte
    Ok, I have mixed feelings about Crystal and Hottie Hair Salon. I really liked Crystal and she seemed knowledgeable about curly hair, but she trimmed my hair wet, which isn't really a problem for me since my hair is more wavy than curly, but someone with curlier hair would hopefully get a different type cut. I had also expected a bit more to come off than she took. She just evened my hair up from all my previous cuts. So, it was not a bad experience, over all, but a bid different from my expectations.

I did give Crystal information about NC.com, so maybe she will look around here and get to know us.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • hairgoddesshairgoddess Registered Users Posts: 1
    There is no one like Nena ( Creative salon and spa)in Vegas that can make anyone look better than this most talented stylist. Curly, frizzy hair is a thing of the past if you are lucky enough to connect with this creative genius,
  • Lychee02Lychee02 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I recently moved to Vegas and I'm constantly surpised at how many bad hairstylists there are out here. I recently went back to my curly hair which is a mix of 3B, 3C and 4A and I need shaping so I can continue to grow out my cut meant for straight hair styling.

A lot of people claim to know how to cut curly hair but then they went your hair (big no no) or brush it out (nope) and cut which then gives a lopsided look and shorter hair than you started with.

Anyone know of a good stylist out here in Vegas? I live in Henderson but at this point I would drive to the moon to find a good stylist.
  • ltlangeliltlangeli Registered Users Posts: 32 Curl Connoisseur
    Just got back from a trip to Vegas and went to Radically Curly in Henderson with Danielle. I am from WV. Best haircut I ever had!
    70 S Green Valley Pkwy #100, Henderson, NV 89012
    (702) 825-0394

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file