Renee @ Boss Arts / Ottawa, Canada

FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
Renee Tremblay at Boss Arts in Ottawa (Canada) is awesome. She is the ONLY stylist I have ever gone to that I like the way I look when I leave the salon. She cuts my hair better than anyone I have ever had. She also gives me pointers every time I go to her.

I got her name from the salon recommendations on this website, so thank you nc.com. I know that there have been other posts where the recommendations haven't worked. Well, I am very thankful that it worked for me.
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Comments

• DaughterofakingDaughterofaking Registered Users Posts: 3
    From what you said I just had to go try Renee out so I made an appointment for next Wednesday. (seeing as this is obviously the only place that cuts curly hair properly in Ottawa) I'm just wondering what the price range is, if it's over my budget I'll have to call to cancel.

Thanks for your recommendation!
    :wink:
    Loving my curls :toothy7:... most of the time :wink:
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    We'd love to know how you made out?
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I was thinking about you today ... How did it go ?? !!! :)
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • DaughterofakingDaughterofaking Registered Users Posts: 3
    Wow, I can't believe I didn't reply sooner. Thank you so much for your help, I loved her. I would recommend her to anybody with curly hair! I went and she was exactly what I was looking for, I'm just sad, 'cause I just moved to Chicago and now have to look for a 'Renee' all over again ;).
    Loving my curls :toothy7:... most of the time :wink:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I'm so glad you had a good experience with her. I am still really happy with her.

Good luck finding a new Renee ... hopefully the salon recommendations from this site will be able to point you in the right direction!
  • numonumo Registered Users Posts: 4
    How much does a cut with Renee cost approximately? I haven't really had much luck finding stylists who are good at cutting curly hair.
  • Curly AllyCurly Ally Registered Users Posts: 34
    According to the website, a cut at this salon is $40-$60...

I haven't had a cut with her yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to having her do my next cut!
    My hair loooves moisture! Protein and my hair do not get along... they recently had a falling out. :laughing9: Just kidding, thankfully!

CONDISH: Suave Apple
    GEL: Tresemme Bouncy Curls
    MIRACLE PRODUCT: Aloe Vera Gel

I'm a Drugstore Diva! ;-)
  • KrazySadieKrazySadie Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sooo i just called to try and get a spot with Renee for a cut, and the guy told me for a curly cut, its 70$!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file