Love in the Time of Cholera

MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
I finally finished this book. It was one that I had to pick up, and put down over the course of a few months. I was not a fan. I can't help but feel like I'm missing something...

Comments

• LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    I'm with you-- only I never finished it. It was too hard for me to read because it didn't have any breaks (chapters). it was also too hard for me to get into, thus why I never finished it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    My best friend lent it to me and told me it would get more interesting. I really didn't think so! :lol:
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe it was just me, but I loved it, not for its "epic love story" as people claim it to be, but because of the theme that love is a literal plague. Call me morbid, but that really speaks to me. Plus, I thought the use of language in it was beautiful.

However, I just could not get into GGM's other works. No clue as to why, though.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Maybe it was just me, but I loved it, not for its "epic love story" as people claim it to be, but because of the theme that love is a literal plague. Call me morbid, but that really speaks to me. Plus, I thought the use of language in it was beautiful.

However, I just could not get into GGM's other works. No clue as to why, though.

I loved it too.

Some of his other works are hard to get into. I loved One Hundred Years of Solitude, but there were others I just couldn't finish. The Autumn of the Patriarch, for example, does not appear to have paragraphs. Uh, no thanks.

I do think the style of his writing is just gorgeous though.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I loved this book! My favorite part is when he buys the mirror that held her reflection...
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I haven't made it through the book either, I started it for book club but never managed to finish it. I thought it was because I started it shortly after reading 100 years of solitude, which I loved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file