Flu shots...

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
It's that time of year...ugh!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm waiting to hear about flu shots here. I keep hearing they're out, but not about availability. Usually my work runs clinics so we can get our shots. No kids, but with my asthma and tendency toward pneumonia, I always try to get one!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    NetG,
    I think it's great that your company does that...hubby's does not. :roll: I get mine every year as well. I was told this year there are not supposed to be any probs like last year.:crossesfingers:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Yeah, our productivity tends to go way down in the winter, because all the workaholics here won't go home when sick, so they spread the flu to everyone. It ends up being cheaper to have someone come in to give shots!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • AlwayscurlyAlwayscurly Posts: 35Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I try to get one every year - except last year my company couldn't give them out because of the shortage. I hope to get one this year! And, if I could get my kids to get them, I would. But they are grown now and have minds of their own!!
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I just set this up for our site. Our company gives out the free shots. I was surprised at the number of people that signed up, almost everybody.

I'm not going to get one myself, I don't necessarily believe in them. However I reserve the right to change my mind once I have children.
  • Bonnie.Bonnie. Posts: 95Registered Users
    My kids have had them for the past two years. I have an appt in Oct for them to get one this year.

I don't know if the shot helps. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's good genes, or even the fact I nursed them so long, but my kids rarely get sick. (Knock on wood)
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    No, we choose not to have the flu shot. Never have.
  • SuperCurlSuperCurl Posts: 111Registered Users
    I just called the Ped today to find out when I could get the kids in for them. I got very lucky last year and all of us did it in early Oct. so we got shots when most were too late due to the shortage.
    3a/b fine but lots of it!
    HG's:BRHG, AG Re:Coil, LOVING Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish!

FOR ME!!!!

i'm also getting the pneumonia vaccine this year.

since i have it - AGAIN - right now.

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Rou, I hope you get beter soon.

No, we don't get flu shots for ourselves or our kids. We have other ways to prevent illness in our home, and they work well.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
    Interesting that no & rat's patootie are tied. :lol:

Always...Yeah, the shortage last year was freaky. TG I got mine.
    papaya...I think it's wonderful your company does that! 8) Yeah, you'd be surprised at the turnout.
    Bo...I think it's a little of all 3!
    rou...Sorry to hear that. :(
    cb...what other ways do you utilize...if ya don't mind me askin'. :)
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Brace yourself, it's not for everyone. The kids get cod liver oil every day, and if they get the slightest sniffle or throat tickle, twice a day. Vitamin C, at least 500 mg per day. If they do get something, Sambucol according to directions, children's echinacea drops in their juice, tea with honey. I'll drink echinacea/goldenseal tea all day long, take garlic capsules, and fish oil capsules. We're usually over the bad stuff in a day or two.
    A stomach virus is trickier, and I do something different for each child.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    thanks for sharing cynaminbear. I'm going to start Ian on the CLO soon and I'm already on it (it's made me feel great). After Ian had his first bout with diarrhea last month I started him on daily acidophilus.

Wiley I've never had the flu vaccine and never had the flu. The two times my hubby got it he got the flu both times and it was horrid.
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I've gotten them for my son for the past two years and he escaped last year's flu season entirely. My pediatrician gives them automatically to children under three, regardless of availability issues, and I really appreciated that.

Brace yourself, it's not for everyone. The kids get cod liver oil every day, and if they get the slightest sniffle or throat tickle, twice a day. Vitamin C, at least 500 mg per day. If they do get something, Sambucol according to directions, children's echinacea drops in their juice, tea with honey. I'll drink echinacea/goldenseal tea all day long, take garlic capsules, and fish oil capsules. We're usually over the bad stuff in a day or two.
    A stomach virus is trickier, and I do something different for each child.
    cb,
    Thanks for the info! Hmmm, might check out the CLO. I do take xtra VitC. I was taking garlic, but stopped. I do take a multivit & my VitC. I have heard of goldenseal, but never taken it. Also, does anyone in your family have allergy/sinus issues? If they have, do you think your remedies are beneficial for that? I had horrible allergy/sinus issues a few weeks ago...I'm trying to stave them off in the future.

marielle,
    I had the flu once & that was the one time I didn't take the shot. It was my early days in college & man was it the suck!

CC,
    What an awesome ped!
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    DH visits dr's offices all day (pharm sales rep), and usually one of them will offer him a free shot.

I haven't had one since I left the Army (they were mandatory). I haven't gotten the flu either.

I'll probably be pretty good about taking my kids in for them though.
    bumpity bump for feedback! :D
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    no kids here..
    but for myself i don't get it.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file