I can't believe I did it!!!!

TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
I BC'd my hair myself. Right now I am in shock and I am slightly happy. I am scared mostly. I even almost cried which I haven't done in a long time. I don't know how I am going to tell my parents right now.

I am going to get a camera tomorrow to take some pics.
:coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!

Comments

• preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    Congrats! It takes some cojones to cut your hair yourself! Isn't it freeing?:toothy7:

BTW, I love you siggy pic, that fox is soooooooooo cute (I'm an animal lover!).:)
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
    I'm torn inbetween feeling sick or free.

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
    I called and told my parents. My dad took it extremely well and I feel a storm brewing with my mom.

Now I'm happy and I do feel free. It's much better to do my hair. Yep I pulled a Sunshine75 alright!

I <3 Cats!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :occasion9:

I know it feels like it's been a long time coming for you, so I'm happy for you that you were finally able to do it. :D

Don't worry about the mixed emotions. It seems like it's the "normal" reaction. It was mine too.

Pretty soon the sick feeling will pass and it will be nothing but good feelings!!! But those will probably come after you've shown off your new, 100% natural, 200% beautiful hair. ;)

There might be some negative reactions. Sometimes people become very attached to our appearance and the image that they have in their minds of how they think we should look. Just know that their reactions do not accurately reflect how attractive you are! They're used to seeing you a certain way, and when you change your appearance, it upsets them. But don't worry. They'll get over it. And you'll be all in love with your new look very quickly. I'm sure of it! :D

Can't wait to see your pics! :)
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome back and congratulations!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    congrautlations!!:blob7:
    Thanx you guys! I feel alot better because everybody says it suits me much better than my longer hair. Even my mom complimented me which is like :eek:! I have been very happy. I feel free now.

I <3 Cats!
  • mixed_beauty85mixed_beauty85 Posts: 421Registered Users
    congrats gurlie, we were all trying to figure out if u went through with it or not, lol. cant wait to see ur pics!
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    Congratulations:)
    I also can't wait to see your pictures!
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • jonesybirdjonesybird Posts: 141Registered Users
    congrats...hmmm
    um, where are the pics?!:neutral:
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    WOW, I just did the same thing yesterday...Maybe not a total "big chop," but I went from almost waist-length to just above shoulder length. It's the shortest my hair has been in years.

I knew it was now or never. I was going to make a salon appointment but I knew I was just procrastinating. I knew I had to march into the bathroom and grab the scissors and just do it while I had the guts to.

Just got sick of my overprocessed, damaged, dry hair weighing me down. I considered cutting it short-short but decided to just cut off the yucky parts, so this is what's left. I want to start fresh: No more relaxing, no more beating up my hair with hat styling, no more worrying about damage.

Like you, I did it myself. And like you, I'm torn between feeling sickened and feeling totally liberated. My "new" hair feels soft and healthy and is bouncy, but I am horrified at losing my length. My long curls were kind of my trademark...even though the last few months they have looked more like a wrecked-out haystack.

I've only received one comment -- a friend of mine said "Did you cut your hair?" and I said "Yes, it's a little shorter than I planned" and she said, "Well, it looks...(loooooong pause)...not bad." GACK!!!! I think she's just not used to seeing me without my witchy locks so I don't take it personally.

Think about how great it feels to start over, though -- to have a fresh start. To heal your abused hair, to give it a fair shot. I figure, if I still totally hate my hair natural (when I've never really given it a shot because I would always give up and relax it), I can always go back to straightening. But for now, I'm going to try this. That's what I keep tellling myself, it may work for you too...Good luck to both of us!!!:toothy4:.
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    p.s. I adore your little fox cub pic...Wish I could be a natural redhead too!
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • jonesybirdjonesybird Posts: 141Registered Users
    Any pics yet from this bc?
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Moons,

OK - the fox is cute... but I want to see your hair!

I'm glad you're getting used to your new do. And I'll bet it's much healthier, too!

Mom's still asking me when I'm gonna "fix" my hair again - AKA relax it again.

"Dagnabbit, Mom! I'm almost 45!"

Congratulations again! :wav:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    woohoo congrats!!!you know i am dyyyying to see your pics!
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella
    Sorry about the pics! April and May is VERY bussy in my family but I will have them up this weekend but not sooner.

I <3 Cats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file