Styling Products That Tangle Your Hair

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
I'm not talking about shampoos or conditioners. Are there any styling products that make your hair tangled and/or matted?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    Pretty much all styling products. I don't notice until I go to wash or rinse my hair, but if I've used gel my hair looks kinda webbed as I rinse it. If I've only used conditioner, it rinses out looking smooth and is easier to detangle.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • trescurlytrescurly Posts: 8Registered Users
    Its funny that this is coming up because I thought I was imagining things -- Tonight I co-washed my 4a daughters hair with Tigi Moisture Maniac, added a little Suave Humectant as a leave-in. Ok, so that was fine...her hair felt really good. Very moisturized. Then I sectioned it off and used the ORS Lock&Twist for some two-strand twists. As soon as I put this stuff on her hair it felt dry, rough and tangled! I don't know whats up but it is really crazy. I heard so many raves about this stuff and I really wanted it to work for her....maybe I'm doing something wrong. I thought I read that ORS L&T was somewhat moisturizing but that doesn't seem to be the case with my dd. I dealt with it though and I didn't rinse it out.....finished up the twists and sat her under the dryer for about 10 minutes and although her hair wasn't completely dry the parts that were dry were very shiny and not frizzy at all. We'll see what happens when we undo her twists. This should be good.....
    3b Multiracial Mommy to two beautiful curlyheads (a 3c and a 4a respectively!)
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    trescurly wrote:
    Its funny that this is coming up because I thought I was imagining things -- Tonight I co-washed my 4a daughters hair with Tigi Moisture Maniac, added a little Suave Humectant as a leave-in. Ok, so that was fine...her hair felt really good. Very moisturized. Then I sectioned it off and used the ORS Lock&Twist for some two-strand twists. As soon as I put this stuff on her hair it felt dry, rough and tangled! I don't know whats up but it is really crazy. I heard so many raves about this stuff and I really wanted it to work for her....maybe I'm doing something wrong. I thought I read that ORS L&T was somewhat moisturizing but that doesn't seem to be the case with my dd. I dealt with it though and I didn't rinse it out.....finished up the twists and sat her under the dryer for about 10 minutes and although her hair wasn't completely dry the parts that were dry were very shiny and not frizzy at all. We'll see what happens when we undo her twists. This should be good.....

I have never tried the Lock&Twist. I hate it when my hair feels great with conditioner in it, then I add a styling product and that healthy feeling goes away! I guess some products are worse in that respect than others though. Hopefully at least the twist-out will look good! A little extra detangling doesn't feel like a big deal when you're having good hair days.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    lottabody setting lotion
    infusium 23 leave in

basically, any watery styling product, my hair loves the creamy stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file