Using Rinse Out Conditioner As A Leave-In

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
If you do this which one(s) do you use and which ones have you found that works better than others?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• curlaciouscurlacious Posts: 69Registered Users
    curly,coily modified CG, Nexxus Exxtra Gel,Elucence MBC, honey, HE SMU, DevaCurl B'Leave-in, Camellia oil, Burt's bee's shampoo bar, Cure Care conditioner, Shique Herbal conditioner.
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks Curlacious! Blaqpearl generously sent me it and I need to use it :D
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    nexxus humectress and suave professionals awapuhi conditioner. it was stated on labels of these two products that they can be used as leave ins. i havent foudn a leave in that is better than suave awapuhi yet. i was surprised when i tried it
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    For me Suave Professionals Humectant is a HG as a leave-in. Got shine, definition, a bit of hold. I got all my curly-haired friends using it, some with tighter curls than me, some looser. I only stopped using it because my boyfriend hates the smell. I love the smell, and I got compliments from strangers on the smell.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    i didnt like the humectant and biobasics :(
    I didn't like the Biobasics either. And the Awapuhi didn't do it for me, unfortunately. It worked better than the Biobasics though. I was so disappointed, cuz my boyfriend approved of the smell and I was hoping it'd be similar to the Humectant. I'm glad it works for you! I haven't found a drugstore conditioner that works for me like Humectant did. :(

Password= urban
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    I recently tried the Suave BioBasics as a leave-in. It was okay, but I found the smell overpowering. I also just tried Suave Color Care as a leave-in, and I think I like that better. Both have dimethiconol (not water-soluble).

I posted about this on the . . . Product Reviews board, but I think the type of ingredient and order they occur in in the Suave CC is similar to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Devacurl One C[/buylink], not that the two are necessarily comparable. I'm liking the results I've gotten so far though.

anicetta wrote:
    I recently tried the Suave BioBasics as a leave-in. It was okay, but I found the smell overpowering. I also just tried Suave Color Care as a leave-in, and I think I like that better. Both have dimethiconol (not water-soluble).

I posted about this on the . . . Product Reviews board, but I think the type of ingredient and order they occur in in the Suave CC is similar to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Devacurl One C[/buylink], not that the two are necessarily comparable. I'm liking the results I've gotten so far though.

Suave Color Care might be similar to OC? Hmm, will have to check your review. My hair doesn't mind dimethiconol at all.

Password= urban
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:
    anicetta wrote:

Suave Color Care might be similar to OC? Hmm, will have to check your review. My hair doesn't mind dimethiconol at all.
    *Might*
    I've never tried OC personally, and I didn't review Suave CC. I just compared the ingredients of the two.
    If you try happen to try the Suave, let us know how it compares to OC. I'm curious. I imagine it's not as . . . moisturizing or what have you as OC, but maybe it's a relatively comparable drugstore option.

• niclarniclar Posts: 110Registered Users
    Suave Awaphui works as leave...I bought the Humectant and didnt like it for my CW's BUT..i did mix it with some awaphui and water and my hair was super soft so I think the combo has potential....maybe
    http://public.fotki.com/nicolelarri/2008/

PW: lovely
    Natural 4a/some 4b type hair, Thin, cottony coffee straw coils

Thought I found my HG (KKCC)..its good but Im sure there's better:wink:

Curls Milkshake current leave in, Fantasia IC w/Olive Oil gel for smoothing/shine, Curls Goddess Glaze for Twist/Braid outs.
  • CanocurlsCanocurls Posts: 170Registered Users
    I've used Suave Coconut in the past with good results.
    I think that I might start using it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember Rosa
    Type: 3/4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file