CurlTalk

How is raising the family going so far, mom?

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
My son just cracks me up. :laughing7:

What funny things have you heard a kid say lately?

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    R has got a couple: yesterday, it was, "so when am I going to get a brother or a sister?" A lady chuckled as she walked by.

Lately, she likes to say, "who's it all about, mom?" and "Where's the love?"
    2b/3a.
  • younggrasshopperyounggrasshopper Posts: 422Registered Users
    Hahaha...that is adorable. I love it!

What did you tell him?

My nephew hurt his finger the other day and I went to kiss it. He said to me as he held out his knuckle, "No...it is on my little elbow."
    HCC + Kenra Condish + Biotera Gel and Leave In + diffusing = beautiful 3A spirals :)
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    My son just cracks me up. :laughing7:

What funny things have you heard a kid say lately?

hahaha!!! that is hilarious! how old is he?
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Well, my kids are grown and gone now; but my granddaugther did say something pretty funny a couple of weeks ago.....

I've been doing the RCW's skin care routine and I had just put the DMAE on to sit and wait my 30 minutes before the next stage. (As some of you know DMAE gives you an instant face lift). Kara, my granddaughter came up and said to me:

"Bobe! You don't look OLD anymore!" :laughing7:

(Gee thanks, kid!)
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    The little one was up at some god awful time earlier this week and I said...why don't you go back to playing & mommy will lay back down for a bit.

No, mommy, you need to get back to work!
    pointing at my laptop...lol

And then, of course, 30 minutes later said, go lay down & I'm like...too late! grrr
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    I asked Dia what we should get her "Auntie" Callie for her birthday. I have been working with her about putting thought into choosing gifts that others will really enjoy/appreciate, rather than just getting something she likes or not caring at all.

So, first she says, "I think we should get her a massage to help her relax. Because every time I see her she just seems stressed out!"

She settled on a manicure/pedicure because she notices that Auntie Callie does her own nails every week, and that would be relaxing, too.

When I asked her about what she would right in the card, she said "Dear Auntie Callie, happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your present. I wanted to get something to help you not be so stressed out. Love, Dia. PS - I picked this all by myself. My mom didn't help at all."
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    medussa, what was M's opinion on the subject?

CIC, too cute!!
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Daddy, open the door!
    hubby is taking a dump...cracks me up every time...

He's gotta learn to be faster w/ that... :laughing7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• jcejce Posts: 507Registered Users
    That's funny Medussa!

Here's a contribution from my 7 year old son.

We were at a friend's house, and their 13 year old daughter was watching the Kids Choice awards on Nickelodeon. Kiera Knightley came out, and the daughter said, "She's hot!" (I guess she's seen too much of Paris Hilton.) So my son says, "She's so hot, she can fry an egg on her leg."

We all turned and stared at him. I wanted to crawl under a table. Then he says, "I read that in the comics this morning." It was this redandrover-20080329.html one from Red n Rover.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    My 7 year old son was helping me grocery shop. At checkout, he was unloading stuff from the cart up onto the belt and naming everything out loud as he put it up. Milk, bread, eggs, soup, etc. When he got to the box of pantyliners, he didn't hesitate at all, just called them "things I don't want to know what they are" and put them on the belt, and just went on with the rest of the groceries.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    These stories are so funny.

My son is 8. I did ask him later on how he thought I was doing and he said, "fine." I was glad to hear that considering we had a battle of the wills during homework 30 minutes earlier (complete with tears--his, not mine).
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    When my daughter was about 7, We were driving and I was on E. I said we have to stop for gas. She looks over and says "why, you have Enough, see it's on the E. She thought E meant Enough and F meant Finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Cute stories! Kids are hilarious!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    YolyC wrote: »
    When my daughter was about 7, We were driving and I was on E. I said we have to stop for gas. She looks over and says "why, you have Enough, see it's on the E. She thought E meant Enough and F meant Finished.

That's just great! :laughing7:
  • * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    I don't usually use croutons in my salads, so my twins were pretty excited to see that I'd bought some. Twin 2 says, "Mom? Can I have some more futons?" Twin 1 with an eye roll responds, "They are NOT futons! They are FRUITONS!"

Another fave: "Mom's making brownies - she must have her pyramid" :toothy7:

I have tons of these. I receive little nuggets of wisdom almost daily.
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    i asked my 7-year-old niece whom she wanted to be president. she sighed and said, "the boy."

why?

"because he has good ideas for the country."

(she meant obama, not mccain.)
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    i asked my 7-year-old niece whom she wanted to be president. she sighed and said, "the boy."

why?

"because he has good ideas for the country."

(she meant obama, not mccain.)

My 7yr old daughter said she wanted "the boy" also. So she could "play and have a sleepover with his daughters" She saw a picture of them on tv once and is convince they are going to be play-friends :)
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    My friend's daughter 3 year old daughter tried a cookie I had made and after a few bites put it down and said "not a fan".
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    These stories are too funny! :lol:
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Posts: 765Registered Users
    sunday wrote: »
    My friend's daughter 3 year old daughter tried a cookie I had made and after a few bites put it down and said "not a fan".

I'm trying to imagine a lil 3 year old girl saying this since I have a tendency of saying this phrase too as a 21 year old! Too funny!
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FSoaringSIren%2F" class="Popup
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    That's really cute, Medussa!

The funniest thing my son ever said was when he was waving a belt around, telling me how "a Ninja can use anything as a weapon". I warned him he could get hurt, and sure enough, he smacked himself with the belt buckle. Then he said, "The only part of me that's not a Ninja is my balls".

I know it's crude, but I LOLed so hard!
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    When my oldest son was 5, I was pregnant with my 2nd baby, so of course we were talking about babies a lot. He told me that when he grew up, he was going to have a dozen babies. I told him that I hope he had a really good job, because babies are expensive. He told me:

"Oh, I won't need money. I'm not going to BUY the babies, my wife is going to GROW them".

Then he rolled his eyes at me like I was some sort of dummy...
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,778Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    "Oh, I won't need money. I'm not going to BUY the babies, my wife is going to GROW them".

OMG too cute :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    My 7 year old son was helping me grocery shop. At checkout, he was unloading stuff from the cart up onto the belt and naming everything out loud as he put it up. Milk, bread, eggs, soup, etc. When he got to the box of pantyliners, he didn't hesitate at all, just called them "things I don't want to know what they are" and put them on the belt, and just went on with the rest of the groceries.
    THAT is funny! :lol:
    When my oldest son was 5, I was pregnant with my 2nd baby, so of course we were talking about babies a lot. He told me that when he grew up, he was going to have a dozen babies. I told him that I hope he had a really good job, because babies are expensive. He told me:

My daughter plans to have robot children that she invents herself. Maybe they could hook up. ;)
    Minneapolis, MN
  • mel_80mel_80 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Ok, these two had me cracking up. I burned some serious calories :)
    sunday wrote: »

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    My daughter (now 4), who's an extremely fussy eater, once fell out in a rage when presented with a slice of sausage pizza.

The reason: "I don't want that pizza...it's DIRTY!!!"

She'll eat "meat" pizza--meaning pepperoni pizza---but she will tell you that she will not eat 'dirty' pizza.....

My astronomy-loving husband loves to regale her with stories about night, day, earth rotation, etc. So she, in turn, regales her younger cousins about, "WE live on the ERF! The erf turns round the sun, and that makes NIGHT! Then the erf turns round some more, and that makes DAYTIME!" The looks on the younger kids' faces are :confused5::confused4::binky:...priceless LOL.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    My astronomy-loving husband loves to regale her with stories about night, day, earth rotation, etc. So she, in turn, regales her younger cousins about, "WE live on the ERF! The erf turns round the sun, and that makes NIGHT! Then the erf turns round some more, and that makes DAYTIME!" The looks on the younger kids' faces are :confused5::confused4::binky:...priceless LOL.

Ah, that reminds me of what my son used to say when he was little. Every time he saw a picture of the Earth, he'd announce, "That's the ERF that we live." :D

Loving all these stories! :lol:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    My daughter (now 4), who's an extremely fussy eater, once fell out in a rage when presented with a slice of sausage pizza.

The reason: "I don't want that pizza...it's DIRTY!!!"

She'll eat "meat" pizza--meaning pepperoni pizza---but she will tell you that she will not eat 'dirty' pizza.....

Love her. The erf. Dirty pizza. :lol:

You and I need to talk strategy sometime about dealing with picky eaters. My almost 4 year-old is picky also. She'll actually smell something before flatly turning it down.

I love broccoli. I eat it everyday. I always offer. She always says, "no." She has never tasted it. But when she wants to try to persuade me to give her a bath, she'll say, "mommy, I'm dirty. I smell like broccoli."
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote: »
    You and I need to talk strategy sometime about dealing with picky eaters. My almost 4 year-old is picky also. She'll actually smell something before flatly turning it down.

I love broccoli. I eat it everyday. I always offer. She always says, "no." She has never tasted it. But when she wants to try to persuade me to give her a bath, she'll say, "mommy, I'm dirty. I smell like broccoli."

:lol: She's precious!
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    The boy isn't talking well enough yet (though I do expect some gems out of him once he does).

But the older one (far old than these kids mentioned) can say some really silly things for a very bright (honor roll student) girl. A couple of weekends ago hubby surprised me with an overnight getaway to a little B&B about an hour's drive away. My daughter was at her dad's over spring break, so she didn't know I wasn't home until she called, and my MIL, who was watching the baby for us, told her were off celebrating our anniversary.

I get a call on my cell phone as we're in the guest room planning on what to do for dinner, and my daughter says

" Are you enjoying your mini-vacation? "
    Me- "Yes, thanks honey,how did you know?"
    Her- "I called home and Grandma told me you were gone"
    Me- " Oh,okay, well, we'll be back tomorrow after lunch and some shopping"
    Her- "What time is it where you are now Mom?"
    Me-"uh, 6:30. same as where you are. We're in Brown County sweetie, not Paris. We're like 30 minutes away from you"
    Her- " Can you come and get me so I can go shopping with you?"

:laughing7: Kids!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.