Stair Climber

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My gym just got 2 stair climbers. I was all excited to try one out yesterday but I walked up to it - its about 15 feet high and I got scared and ran back to my eliptical machine.

Are they scary or am I just a wimp?
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    :lol: I'm sorry for laughing, but are the treads like an escalator's? The ones at our gym are like this & the treads are too narrow for my long feet so I have to climb them sideways or it feels like my feet are getting sucked down. :lol:
  • kinihakiniha Posts: 233Registered Users
    they are a little scary . . . partly because they can make me so breathless and give me that 'feel the burn' feeling in my rear!
    and they're so old--they remind me of bad high school experiences.
    i tried one a month ago or so and had fun with it, though. i think for me choosing a medium level helped, so i wasn't immediately exhausted but could keep at it for a while.
    2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
    Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
    Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lazy loops wrote: »
    :lol: I'm sorry for laughing, but are the treads like an escalator's? The ones at our gym are like this & the treads are too narrow for my long feet so I have to climb them sideways or it feels like my feet are getting sucked down. :lol:

YES! and the darn thing is about 400 feet high! I keep gazing at it but it intimidates me! Tomorrow I will try it!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »

YES! and the darn thing is about 400 feet high! I keep gazing at it but it intimidates me! Tomorrow I will try it!

They are intimidating. And it's no joke the treads try to suck my shoes in. I refuse to use the things.
    xcptnl wrote: »

They are intimidating. And it's no joke the treads try to suck my shoes in. I refuse to use the things.

Ok..my feet are pretty big too - I will let you know how it works for me.
    Central Massachusetts

I used this yesterday. OMG - it kicked my butt for one thing and I guess my legs were getting tired because I kept bumping my toe against the step. But my feet did not get sucked into it.
    Central Massachusetts

• laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    the ones at my gym are about as big as the ellipticals...not so scary but an AMAZINGLY scary workout!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file