Ebene Is In Curlmart!!!!!!!

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Ok girls, I asked if anyone has used these products before and I don't think anyone replied so I'm asking again. Has anyone used these products?

http://www.curlmart.com/bne-p-1-c-52.html
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• curlaciouscurlacious Posts: 69Registered Users
    I haven't used them yet, but I was surfing the web for other curly-friendly websites and ran across it and became very curious! How nice that they show up on curl mart shortly after that 8) Now I can be assured 2 day delivery if... okay when :oops: I order some.
    curly,coily modified CG, Nexxus Exxtra Gel,Elucence MBC, honey, HE SMU, DevaCurl B'Leave-in, Camellia oil, Burt's bee's shampoo bar, Cure Care conditioner, Shique Herbal conditioner.
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I may try the olive hair milk.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    The same people that own Akiva also own Ebene. Ebene is supposed to be better quality.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    There are no ingredients listed. I hate that! I'm interested in the hair lotion though.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
    I decided to take a chance and order the following, even though I have a problem with the ingredients not being listed:

Ebene Coconut Hair Milk - for wash-n-gos and daily moisture. I also love the smell of coconuts! :D

Ebene Little Princess Hair Styling Lotion - For those days I feel like combing thru DRY hair.

I know she's the same person that owns Akiva, which was supposed to be on the low end, whereas Ebene is made better with more quality ingredients. We'll see. :?

Also, purchased Blended Beauty Curl Defining Lotion too. The ingredients seem like something I can get with:

Hair Lotion Ingredients: aloe juice, chamomile juice, grapseed oil, safflower oil, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, BTMS-50 and BTMS (conditioning agent derived from cozola oil), BPG TMC, soy lecithin, murumuru butter, avacado oil, meadow foam oil, scent, germall plus (preservative), guar gum, rosemary extract, silk protein, cysteine.

Thank goodness the silk protein is at the bottom of this list. My hair doesn't take well to it in most styling products.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

jada1111 wrote:
    I decided to take a chance and order the following, even though I have a problem with the ingredients not being listed:

Ebene Coconut Hair Milk - for wash-n-gos and daily moisture. I also love the smell of coconuts! :D

Ebene Little Princess Hair Styling Lotion - For those days I feel like combing thru DRY hair.

I know she's the same person that owns Akiva, which was supposed to be on the low end, whereas Ebene is made better with more quality ingredients. We'll see. :?

Also, purchased Blended Beauty Curl Defining Lotion too. The ingredients seem like something I can get with:

Hair Lotion Ingredients: aloe juice, chamomile juice, grapseed oil, safflower oil, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, BTMS-50 and BTMS (conditioning agent derived from cozola oil), BPG TMC, soy lecithin, murumuru butter, avacado oil, meadow foam oil, scent, germall plus (preservative), guar gum, rosemary extract, silk protein, cysteine.

Thank goodness the silk protein is at the bottom of this list. My hair doesn't take well to it in most styling products.

Oooh, how will you decide what to try first?! I ordered the Blended Beauty but am very curious about how you'll like the Ebene.

In case anyone else is curious about what BPG TMS is, I found this...

MAQUAT BPGTMC is a 70% solid (3-Behenoyloxy-2-hydroxypropyl) trimethyl ammonium chloride in a water/hexylene glycol low melting paste. With the unique substantive and anti-static properties of the behenyl moiety, BPGTMC is an easy to handle product for a superior conditioning ingredient in personal care products. MAQUAT BPGTMC imparts exceptional wetting, cleaning, conditioning, softening, suspending and emulsification.

INCI Name: Behenoyl PG-Trimonium Chloride

(more info here) http://www.masonsurfactants.com/Products/Maquat_BPGTMC.htm

Password= urban
  • CottonCandyCottonCandy Posts: 125Registered Users
    I'm nervous to try the Ebene products because I had a bad experience with the Akiva Naturals products. I hope, for everyone's sake, this is a better line!
    3c-like S-waves and random curls
    Fine density; medium & fine strands
    Naturally very dry and very frizzy
    I'm nervous to try the Ebene products because I had a bad experience with the Akiva Naturals products. I hope, for everyone's sake, this is a better line!

I believe it is. Ebene has been around for a few years and always received good reviews. She had a writeup in Essence and many naturals raved about her products (moreso than Carols Daugher). I once tried to order from her back in '03 and was unable to get my order or speak to anyone on the phone. Stuff like that makes me nervous so I blew her off.

Someone on another board said that Akiva was a low-end version of Ebene made with cheaper ingredients, but I remembered what it was like ordering from her the last time so I held off. I wouldn't have ordered Ebene if they weren't listed on Naturallycurly.com.

Gretchen & Michelle don't play that "you gotta wait two weeks for orders" mess. :? :x
    Jada1111

urbancurl wrote:
    jada1111 wrote:

Oooh, how will you decide what to try first?! I ordered the Blended Beauty but am very curious about how you'll like the Ebene.

In case anyone else is curious about what BPG TMS is, I found this...

MAQUAT BPGTMC is a 70% solid (3-Behenoyloxy-2-hydroxypropyl) trimethyl ammonium chloride in a water/hexylene glycol low melting paste. With the unique substantive and anti-static properties of the behenyl moiety, BPGTMC is an easy to handle product for a superior conditioning ingredient in personal care products. MAQUAT BPGTMC imparts exceptional wetting, cleaning, conditioning, softening, suspending and emulsification.

INCI Name: Behenoyl PG-Trimonium Chloride

(more info here) http://www.masonsurfactants.com/Products/Maquat_BPGTMC.htm

Thanks for the ingredient info urbancurl! :D

As for seeing which one to do first, I'll check out Ebene's ingredients when they get here, but I'm leaning more towards BB's Curl Lotion.
    Jada1111

jada1111 wrote:

I was wondering about the silk protein in BB. My hair usually likes things that are protein-free.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Hi there. :) You ladies got me interested in this line, so I ordered 2 of her products... I'll try to post reviews if anyone is interested.... My hair type is different, but I know a good quality, moisturizing product from a piece of crap. I'd be happy to weigh in on this Ebene thread, but don't want to intrude..
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    Curltopia wrote:
    ... I'd be happy to weigh in on this Ebene thread, but don't want to intrude..

Oh, I intrude over here pretty frequently! :wink: I figure we're all welcome-- funny if someone was like, "No you're not welcome, you 3b/cs, get outta here!" :lol:

Password= urban
    Girl, there is no intruding going on here. Please don't hesitate to post! We welcome all of you with open arms *hugs* Curltopia and Jada and anyone else who purchases Ebene products, please, please, post your reviews.
    msjoker wrote:
    Girl, there is no intruding going on here. Please don't hesitate to post! We welcome all of you with open arms *hugs* Curltopia and Jada and anyone else who purchases Ebene products, please, please, post your reviews.

Awwww, that's so sweet :) I have the olive hair milk and coconut hair milk. I will use them this week and then post reviews!

PS. Urban, again, you are too cute!! :wink:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

Curltopia wrote:
    msjoker wrote:

Awwww, that's so sweet :) I have the olive hair milk and coconut hair milk. I will use them this week and then post reviews!

:D

Password= urban
    Curltopia wrote:
    msjoker wrote:

I look forward to it! :D
    jada1111 wrote:

Received my order today! YAY! :D

Here are the ingredients for the above:

Ebene Coconut Hair Milk - water, aloe vera juice, coconut oil, vegetable emulsifying wax, evening primrose oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, panthenol, potassium sorbate, vitamin c, fragrance.

Ebene Little Princess Hair Styling Lotion - water, shea butter, soybean oil, olive oil, vegetable emulsifying wax, avocado oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, panthenol, lavender, essential oils of ylang-ylang, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, orange, potasium sorbate, vitamin c, fragrance.

They both smell wonderful - the coconut hair milk smells yummy! :D The little princess styling lotion seems like it will be perfect to comb thru DRY hair.

I rubbed both Coconut Hair Milk and Curl Defining Lotion on my hands (at separate times throughout the day) and find CDF to be more moisturizing.

Don't know which to try first - Blended Beauty Curl Defining Lotion or Coconut Hair Milk?? :oops: Choices, choices. I'll let you know tomorrow. :)
    Jada1111

I'm going to try both over the weekend. JADA - I'll be looking for your reviews to give me a heads up on whether to use them as a leave-in or overnight moisturizer or what. Thanks ladies :)

Okay, I ran home last nite to try the Coconut Milk before using it in the morning (in case things don't turn out right :wink:). Although it smells wonderful it does not control frizz, define curls/coils or anything close to it. It did leave my hair very soft and moisturized. I guess it could be used as a leave-in with a stronger gel on top, but for ME that defeats the purpose of using less product. I would rather use DevaCurl One as my moisturizing leave in. It gives me soft, moisturized defined coils. With a little gel on top for hold I should be good to go.

The good thing is that I can use this on my body. When I'm finished I won't be reordering. See? This is why I NEED to see ALL of the ingredients, because I would have been able to see immediately that this would not work for me.

I wound up using Blended Beauty's Curl Defining Lotion this morning which turned out slightly better. I posted my review on another board:
    http://naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=659991#659991

Because the Curl Defining Lotion doesn't give enough sheen/shine, when my hair was somewhat dry I smoothed Ebene's Little Princess Hair Styling Lotion thoughout my hair then put it up in a headband (it was not looking too great in it's freeform style). I really can't tell if it did anything other than give me some extra moisture that I don't need (the Curl Defining Lotion gives enough of that for everybody :lol: ).

That's it. I just want to add that the consistency of Ebene is 100x's better than it's low-end counterpart Akiva (owned by the same people).
    Jada1111

Just wanted to say that these two products (Coconut Hair Milk, Little Princess Styling Lotion) will make great leave-ins for people that wear protective styles. If you're into "out" styles like me, then it's not going to work for you.
    Jada1111

jada1111 wrote:
    Just wanted to say that these two products (Coconut Hair Milk, Little Princess Styling Lotion) will make great leave-ins for people that wear protective styles. If you're into "out" styles like me, then it's not going to work for you.

Awww...thanks for the heads-up because I'm not into protective styling. :cry:
    Yeah, thanks Jada. I'll probably be sitting out on this line.

Password= urban
    jada1111 wrote:

Speaking for the Coconut Hair Milk, which I tried just last night, I agree with you. It is a very heavy, thick, rich product, full of oils. I thought it did a nice job as "overnight moisturizer" of my hair, but I found the need to add some Blended Beauty oil blend to make my hair as soft and moisturized as I like it before either tying back into a low, loose ponytail or doing 2 low pippilongstocking type braids on either side of my hair (like I did last night).

Overall, I liked the product but I would not re-purchase because I like other products that serve similar purposes (such as My Honey Child Type 2 cream and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Whipped-Butter-Cream-p-378.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-blended-beauty-whipped-butter-cream]Blended Beauty Whipped Butter Cream[/buylink]r and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curly-Frizz-Pudding-p-376.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curly-frizz-pudding]Curly Frizz Pudding[/buylink]) A LOT better.

Anyway, at least it is useable and not a waste of money :)

jada1111 wrote:

That's it. I just want to add that the consistency of Ebene is 100x's better than it's low-end counterpart Akiva (owned by the same people).

Based on personally using 1 Ebene product (coconut hair milk) and 1 Akiva Naturals product (special potion), I agree with you.

However, even though the Akiva secret potion has just about all of the qualities that I hate in hair products (it is waxy, coating, extremely/overly heavy), I do use it because when I leave it in overnight and then rinse out the next morning, my curls are sort of blasted into waves - and that effect lasts for days. I consider it a "natural, non-chemical" texturizer for my hair, and for that reason keep it around when I am in the mood for that :wink:

One more thing... I just tried the Ebene olive hair milk and it has a thinner consistency and seems more moisturizing than the coconut hair milk. Only thing is that it smells heavily of ginger :?

Anyway, I'll play around with it for a couple of days and report back. My initial impression is that the olive hair milk is a better product, and more versatile in potential uses.

Curltopia wrote:
    One more thing... I just tried the Ebene olive hair milk and it has a thinner consistency and seems more moisturizing than the coconut hair milk. Only thing is that it smells heavily of ginger :?

Anyway, I'll play around with it for a couple of days and report back. My initial impression is that the olive hair milk is a better product, and more versatile in potential uses.

Thanks for this review! I won't get the coconut hair milk but I'll probably buy the olive hair milk.
    msjoker wrote:

Thanks for this review! I won't get the coconut hair milk but I'll probably buy the olive hair milk.

Sounds wise... And I will update in a few days after playing with it more :)

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I agree - coconut milk is good for protective styles. Also good for fluffy twistout/braidout (I did the braidout this weekend) on wet hair. But there was very little humidity so I dont know if it would hold up to extreme condtions.

BONUS - also doubles as a body/hand moisturizer. I plan on taking this with me when I travel to cut down on stuff to pack.
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    Hello,

Thanks 3B curlies fellows, I heard about this thread and here I am!
    I was looking for reviews about Ebene since I am looking for moisturizing products. I am obliged to diffuse since it is here cold and humid again so my hair needs sweetness!
    I think that I will go for the hair Olive hair milk. I am curious too concerning Essential Hair Butter. Did some of you ever try it?
    Corkscrew 3B
    McCurly wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks 3B curlies fellows, I heard about this thread and here I am!
    I was looking for reviews about Ebene since I am looking for moisturizing products. I am obliged to diffuse since it is here cold and humid again so my hair needs sweetness!
    I think that I will go for the hair Olive hair milk. I am curious too concerning Essential Hair Butter. Did some of you ever try it?

Hi there! I think you might like the Olive hair milk if a strong ginger scent is OK with you.... I never tried the Essential Hair Butter, but if you are placing a curlmart order, and want a good product for leaving on overnight and moisturizing your hair, I highly recommend [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Whipped-Butter-Cream-p-378.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-blended-beauty-whipped-butter-cream]Blended Beauty Whipped Butter Cream[/buylink]r or Curly Frizz Lotion (or some name like that). Also, come join us on the 3b board sometime too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file