Workout hair

JournalistJournalist Posts: 366Registered Users
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but what do you do with your hair when you work out? I normally would put it in a ponytail, but I've gathered that it's not the best thing for curls. My mom very loosely french braided it, but it's still on my neck- I need something for pilates/yoga and the gym to keep it out of my face.
3a/b
Protein sensitive
med/low porosity/med texture
Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
Suave Ocean Breeze
HE TT Gel
CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
Fotki
I have more pictures up! :)
Seattle for the Summer

Comments

• criscatcriscat Posts: 355Registered Users
    Ponytail is what I do too, and always wash it after wo.
  • keeblerkeebler Posts: 8Registered Users
    Whenever I work out, I french braid my hair, like your mom did, but i stop at the nape of my neck and fix the rest into a sort of messy bun. It worked especially well when I was at camp last summer and stays off of your neck.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I actually leave mine down. (I know what a weirdo!!!)

I work out at during my lunch hour and don't have to time to re-do my hair after being pulled back. I put bobby-pins in the "bangs" if they're hanging in my face.

I don't usually have time to shower after working out. I use baby-wipes. Probably very un-hygienic but whatever. When I do shower, I put my hair in a shower cap to prevent having to re-do it.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 541Registered Users Curl Novice
    I wonder about this myself. I get hot too quickly when I work out, and I have always needed to pull my hair off the back of my neck. There are some girls in my yoga studio (my instructor included) who always leave their hair out. I like the look of this...I mean they all have nice hair, so it's cool to see it free and natural! I wish I could do this too, because I really like my hair now also. I just HATE feeling hot and having it fall into my face.
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    bunny tail! http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/my-typical-bun-thingy/00006.html

I'm not sure how healthy it is for the hair if you are bouncing a lot, but there aren't a lot of options...
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    Since my hair is now waist length, I find that a top know bun secured with a medium size Goody claw clip (or 2) is perfect. I have to make sure that it's really on top though, because I hate it when I start my situps and the knot or the clip is right where my hands should be, or if the clip hits the floor.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file