I hate depriving myself

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Ok..the minute I tell myself I need to eat better (less junk, etc) I cannot stop eating.

I also eat when I am not hungry - ALL THE TIME!! And I absolutely love food - I am not a picky eater. I am really not a huge candy eater or sweets person - I could live with out them but I love my meals.

I absolutely hate knowing I should not have something. I am a lost cause huh?
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    I have the SAME problem. But, I have found that I have to just cut myself completely off...or I'll eat whatever. Right now, I'm trying to limit my carb intake...I was on vacation last week and we had OREOS and Gelato almost every day. AHHHHHH!!! This week,I am trying to be super duper extra well-behaved on the food intake front.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am really going to try. 10 lbs should not be that hard - for goodness sakes people lose much more than that all the time (High 5 to those motivated people!).
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I am really going to try. 10 lbs should not be that hard - for goodness sakes people lose much more than that all the time (High 5 to those motivated people!).

Just keep telling us that... we can lose 10 lbs. we can lose 10 lbs...
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    I have that issue too. That's why I like Sparkpeople.com and their healthy eating philosophy. I mostly use their site for information and to track what I eat and make myself aware of the calories and other nutritional information, because without it I'm a lost cause :)

If I tell myself I can't have something (such as dessert), I'll be good for a few days or a week... then I'll go have lots of that something. I know, "just don't do that!" but that's easier said than done.

They tend to say don't deprive yourself, but watch the portions (moderation is important). Also try to make healthier choices. Sometimes just eating fruit instead of junk food for a snack can be the step in the right direction that keeps you on track. I found that doing one or two things at a time helps me, especially when I've been bad for a while (like now) and am trying to eat healthier.

I figure that if I eat less calories than I used to, that's improvement. Also if I can make those healthier choices (even if they're not always the healthiest ones like fresh fruits and veggies without any dressing or anything.)

I no longer believe in dieting. That said, I need to lose a lot of weight and I'm taking it slowly! Another thing the SP site encourages, losing up to 2 pounds a week, no more. I'm lucky if I can lose any, but I am working on it. I did lose about 5 pounds by using that site and eating healthier, but then slacked off and gained it back. I'm not one of their success stories--yet!

:cat:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,483Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My most recent "find" is the No S Diet. Basically there are only three rules: No sweets, no seconds, and no snacks, EXCEPT on days that begin w/ S. (ie: Saturdays, Sundays and "special" days - holidays, personal birthday, etc.) It just seems like a "normal" way of eating. You can find out more about it at :
    http://www.nosdiet.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    My most recent "find" is the No S Diet. Basically there are only three rules: No sweets, no seconds, and no snacks, EXCEPT on days that begin w/ S. (ie: Saturdays, Sundays and "special" days - holidays, personal birthday, etc.) It just seems like a "normal" way of eating. You can find out more about it at :

hey, i kinda like the sound of that! unnecessary snacking has been my downfall recently. :sad8:
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3

hey, i kinda like the sound of that! unnecessary snacking has been my downfall recently. :sad8:

Me too!!
    Central Massachusetts

I will check that out!
    Central Massachusetts

• lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users

Interesting, but personally I would still feel like I was denying myself something. I would rather have a snack and opt for a healthier snack and less of it--if possible (some snacks it's hard to eat just 'one'!)

I do try to eat better on weekdays and give myself a bit of a break on the weekend. Unfortunately, if you take the weekend off--to an extreme (i.e., no portion control)-- it can increase your total calories for the week enough to not lose weight.
    :cat:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • criscatcriscat Posts: 355Registered Users
    I guess its about making a decision, commit to it, and be happy.

Question is, which do you like most, food or to be thin?

If I think I am fat, I feel so awful, I just close my mouth and endure hunger 8)
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I think I am fat, I feel so awful, I just close my mouth and endure hunger :cool:

Really? From all your other threads, it seems like when you feel fat, you call your plastic surgeon.

<BAER>
    Nope.

The liposuction only should be used to remove localized fat, which does not disappear with diet and exercise.

So, it's a procedure for thin people only...
  • Mass1gBewegtMass1gBewegt Posts: 113Registered Users
    XP. It's the changing weather that does me in. It gets warm-cold-warm, I get sick with something or other, and then eat. Doing homework - food, typing essay - food, sitting about in my bed with a migraine - food. And it makes me feel better. And it couldn't come at a worse time: the months right before summer.
    *sigh*

The easiest weight loss thing that ever happened to me was going kind-of-veggie for the summer. Thats like a 500-calorie defecit every day. o.O I lost a lot of weight quite quickly, and then even more when sports began. Happiest summer ever.

And then my mother decided I wasnt getting enough protein from eggs and fish and peanut butter and told me if I didnt start eating the meat she put on my plate she'd ground me. And then I gained 10lb back. [not a mother-bash].
    Band Geek to the Core.
    Geometry Ain't My Thing. XD

http://public.fotki.com/MagicMarkers92/
    Pass: Qtip
    XP. It's the changing weather that does me in. It gets warm-cold-warm, I get sick with something or other, and then eat. Doing homework - food, typing essay - food, sitting about in my bed with a migraine - food. And it makes me feel better. And it couldn't come at a worse time: the months right before summer.
    *sigh*

The easiest weight loss thing that ever happened to me was going kind-of-veggie for the summer. Thats like a 500-calorie defecit every day. o.O I lost a lot of weight quite quickly, and then even more when sports began. Happiest summer ever.

And then my mother decided I wasnt getting enough protein from eggs and fish and peanut butter and told me if I didnt start eating the meat she put on my plate she'd ground me. And then I gained 10lb back. [not a mother-bash].

I do need to have healthier options around the house - so your veggie point is a good one! I work from home so it's very easy to grab the chips!
    Central Massachusetts

• riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

This is usually how my eating schedule is. Weekdays its all half portions, protein bars, frozen dinners, pre-packaged diet desserts, cereal for dinner, and fruit as snacks. But on weekends its eating out or cooking something really good and allowing myself real desserts. If I'm really trying to cut fat, I still try to keep my calories kind of low, but if I'm just maintaining because I'm lifting really heavy that week, I let myself eat my fill those days.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • Mass1gBewegtMass1gBewegt Posts: 113Registered Users
    Swimsuit seasons coming. X{
    I'm 10 over what I was when I was getting all body happy, and I can't find my running shoes!! *dies*
    I'm all sploodgy. =[
    Band Geek to the Core.
    Geometry Ain't My Thing. XD

http://public.fotki.com/MagicMarkers92/
    Pass: Qtip
    **moved the post to the healthy diet thread, where it belongs**
  • tmmycattmmycat Posts: 256Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Have you ever heard of "intuitive eating"? It is basically eating what you want, when you want it, and stopping when you're satisfied. It is based on the idea that the body is self-regulating and will take care of itself if you listen carefully to what your body wants. I started doing this about 5 years ago when I was 20 pounds overweight; now my attitude towards food is much healthier and as a nice bonus the 20 extra pounds are gone.
    Ok..the minute I tell myself I need to eat better (less junk, etc) I cannot stop eating.

I also eat when I am not hungry - ALL THE TIME!! And I absolutely love food - I am not a picky eater. I am really not a huge candy eater or sweets person - I could live with out them but I love my meals.

shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing

Hey

I just looked at your pics.
    You are not fat at all, and you love to eat! Why deny yourself this pleasure?

If you were unhealthy fat, that's another story, but to be voluptuous and a little more on the chubby side is actually very sexy, as long as you are happy and not complaining about your weight.

If you hate depriving yourself just don't do it.

Better to exercise more and live happily.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    This is what I do. I buy some dark chocolate covered almonds or macadamias and allow myself to eat only 3-4 daily. That way, I don't crave chocolate so much, and the dark chocolate has antioxidants. Also, dark chocolate is bitter, so I never go over board with it.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file