Suggestion for an interview

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
Last Friday, I got my haircut but Martin (of Oribe, formerly of Ouidad). I was talking to him about this website (of course he was familiar with it) and I asked him if he would be willing to be interviewed for this site and he indicated that he would. He also mentioned that he would be starting a website called (something like this) contour curly cuts, which would give tips and lots of before and after shots.

When I got my hair done by him, he drew an illustration of how to replicate "the look", it was so detailed I was amazed. I wonder if he would like to share that with the site as well.

One thing, he seemed to think that curlysuz was in charge of this website. So that kind of confused me. Did she used to be a parter with you all?

Wendy

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Wendylee,
    I'm so sorry; somehow I missed your post until now. Duh.
    Anyway, thanks for the great tip. You'll notice that Michelle just did an interview with Ouidad; there's a link off the home page. I'll make sure she sees this opportunity to talk to Martin, too. Be nice to get an ex-Ouidader's perspective.

Curlysuz, while a swell gal, I'm sure, hasn't anything to do with running the site.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlhappycurlhappy Posts: 27Registered Users
    Wendylees' post inspired this idea. Gretchen/Michelle - how about interviewing my hairdresser (or other member's hairdressers)? He's not "famous", but Randy is quite an expert and can give a wonderful perspective on the "before and after me". I found Randy from a recommendation on this site and he's told me that he has 5-6 new clients just because of this site. Just an idea.
    Love the new look of the site - btw.
    "The weight of these sad times we must obey: Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say."
    Shakespeare, KING LEAR
  • IsabeauIsabeau Posts: 21Registered Users
    I agree. Maybe an updated interview with David Moreno who did the makeovers. I'd like to know more about his philosophy in hairstyling and what to expect from a curly hairstylist.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would like to see an interview with the gentleman in Toronto (one of the Canadian curlies can fill me/us in on his name) who does the tunnel cut. I would like to know if there are similarities to the Ouidad slice and carve or if they are two entirely different cuts. I personally am closer to Toronto than NYC and would like to know more about his cut and how you two (Gretchen and Michelle) would rate it.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file