Ability to Edit Thread Titles

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
Can this feature be returned to us?

Please, please, please? :happy10: (If you can't tell, I really miss this feature.)

Thanks!
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi there!

Got an answer at last from our expert:
    It was never gone. There are two ways to edit a title. On the thread list they can just double click in the box and it will allow them to edit the title. The other way is when they edit a post they have to go advanced to edit the titles.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    No, that feature doesn't work for everyone or it locks after a few hours. Going to the advanced edit feature will change the title inside the thread, but not the title that shows on the forum.

For example: this thread's title shows as Moved to the Non-hair Board, but on the inside, it says Burt's Bees Super Shiny Lip Gloss, because I went to advanced edit and tried to change the title.

Thanks again!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    OK. I'll talk to Smart Guy.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Just curious, when you are trying to edit the thread title are you clicking Edit>Go Advanced on the very first post in the thread? I have zero issues with threat title changing. I am using Fire Fox.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Just curious, when you are trying to edit the thread title are you clicking Edit>Go Advanced on the very first post in the thread? I have zero issues with threat title changing. I am using Fire Fox.

Yes. It is the only post in the thread...One of those quirks that happen to some posters and not others. :tongue5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file