CurlTalk

What does your hair look like right now?

CaliCali Posts: 475Registered Users
My hair is in braids..it is dried but a little frizzy..I am attempting to get 2nd day hair tomorrow. It's not straightened or anything..and I am not in the middle of styling it lol.
.png
"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

Comments

• meltd0wn1meltd0wn1 Posts: 10Registered Users
    My hair's half-up half-down, pulled back with a clip. Suprisingly it's not frizzy, seeing as it was raining/drizzling all day here.
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Mine is in a pineapple. It was such a shame to put it up tonight because it looked so good. Maybe it will hold up through the night and be decent tomorrow. Here's hoping!
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    My hair is freshly washed and dried and I actually have almost-ringlets! :blob7: I want to put my hair in a bubble so this amazing hair lasts until tomorrow.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Posts: 765Registered Users
    I actually just had my hair in a cute lil half up half down style for a party I just went to. I should have read this message 5 minutes ago!

But I'm ready for bed so now it's in a messy pineapple. Probably no use trying to make it look nice for tomorrow since I'll be exercising in the morning.
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FSoaringSIren%2F" class="Popup
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Mine's a little damp and a little frizzy because I took a shower a little while ago and couldn't find my leave-in when I got done. This is the first I've washed it since I got it trimmed/shaped up on Tuesday. So far I'm still quite happy. I'll know more once I do it "properly" but even for a half-a**ed job it still looks pretty promising. :)

I put up new pics of the cut on my Fotki but don't have any curly ones yet... since the style he did amazingly lasted all week!
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users
    Mine is freshly washed and dried. It's looking pretty good so far. I work overnight, so I washed it right before I came to work.
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
  • Brooke789Brooke789 Posts: 415Registered Users
    I just got out of the shower about 30 minutes ago. I diffused for a few minutes and now it just looks wet and crunchy!
  • NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    It looks YUKKY! Just woke up - haven't had coffee; took out pineapple and haven't spritzed or anything yet. Good thing hubby's not around:wink:
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnotty6" class="Popup

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    meriellyn wrote: »
    Mine's a little damp and a little frizzy because I took a shower a little while ago and couldn't find my leave-in when I got done. This is the first I've washed it since I got it trimmed/shaped up on Tuesday. So far I'm still quite happy. I'll know more once I do it "properly" but even for a half-a**ed job it still looks pretty promising. :)

I put up new pics of the cut on my Fotki but don't have any curly ones yet... since the style he did amazingly lasted all week!

Your hair looks great and so healthy!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    Mine is down as usual - I woke up with some cool voluminous bed head waves. I cut some sideswept bangs yesterday before walking out the door for work and I am really liking them :compress:
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAHopewell1%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    My hair is extremely frizzy right now. I just washed and conditioned my hair yesterday. I brushed my hair when I got home from work yesterday and got ready for bed. I didn't feel good. This morning I woke up and my hair looked like a troll doll (which it usually does) but this time even frizzier. I must've moved around a lot last night.
    Since it's Saturday, I just put it back in a barrette and will deal with it later.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I just washed and conditioned it this morning but it's in a headband - stringy, limp, and frizzy. :(

I decided to try out the coney nightmare that is Pantene since my hair used to like it(and I'm still addicted to the smell). But since I chopped off all the permed ends, I'm finding that my hair HATES cones! My hair ends up stringy instead of clumpy, the curls are limp, and I have tons of frizz.

Oh well, I guess it's cone free for me from now on. :dontknow:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I woke up with great 2nd day hair again -- still plenty of curl & volume. I don't know if it's the AG Liquid Effects gel I've been testing or my new Nexxus Phyto Organics Nectaress conditioner or a combo of both, but I think I have to officially grant both of them HG status!! :blob7:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users
    Wet 'n crispy. More of the latter, actually -- it's drying quickly today.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    It's expanding nicely from my bedhead puffs. Some frizzy ends and extremely gray roots; I'm coloring today. I would post a thumbnail shot, but don't know how.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    meriellyn wrote: »

Your hair looks great and so healthy!

Thanks! :D
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Looking a bit wild - I have been out and about and it's windy here. But overall a good day with aloe/Mop C combo with Biotera gel over.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    I woke up with great 2nd day hair again -- still plenty of curl & volume. I don't know if it's the AG Liquid Effects gel I've been testing or my new Nexxus Phyto Organics Nectaress conditioner or a combo of both, but I think I have to officially grant both of them HG status!! :blob7:

Good for you....I believe that you haven't had 2nd cay success in the past........glad someone has success!
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnotty6" class="Popup

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Lookin' good, but I had to wait to post until I got in the shower and styled it! Am I ridiculous or what. The hair is down and actually has spirals! I'm impressed that my hair had it in it!

Notty...love the avatar! Very cute!

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    I just did my weekly wash and I'm letting it air dry for a change, so it's very wet. I'm going to bed in a couple hours, so we'll see what happens. It certainly won't be dry by then, and I hate sleeping on wet hair, so I may break out the blow dryer after all.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Well actually..
    It looked pretty nice today, I used LA Looks Gel.

But then I wanted to see just how big it could get if I brushed it..
    So I did.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    Well actually..

So I did.

LOL Annarie! You are far braver than I! I think my family would run screaming if I did that! They're already laughing at me because I'm wearing "cat-in-the-hat" pajama bottoms (green and yellow horizontal stripes) and a plaid button-down long-sleeved shirt that is forest green, orange and white. I stole from my father. What can I say? I'm fearless!

• _blueyedcurl_blueyedcurl Posts: 9Registered Users
    Its wet with a few frizzies. I just finished plopping... hoping it comes out like it did the other night!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I had a trim yesterday, and she always styles it big... so the back is BIG. In that the ringlets are gone but it's sticking straight up. And the front/sides are pulled straight tucked behind my ears....

It'll look cute once I shower, I'm sure. But right now I'm thinking about napping first.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    Well actually..

So I did.

LOL Annarie! You are far braver than I! I think my family would run screaming if I did that! They're already laughing at me because I'm wearing "cat-in-the-hat" pajama bottoms (green and yellow horizontal stripes) and a plaid button-down long-sleeved shirt that is forest green, orange and white. I stole from my father. What can I say? I'm fearless!

Haha. My family is used to such things :wink:
    I forgot to mention that my sister and I played dress-up in her closet.
    She put my brushed out hair in a headscarf and let's just say, I might quite a convincing hippie.
  • PurpleCurly7PurpleCurly7 Posts: 240Registered Users
    My curly hair is shorter than shoulder length. Some curls stick out instead of forming a neat s pattern. Eeew, I made the mistake of asking for bangs...not good for curly hair. I am giving my hair a rest from the mousse I use.
    3a brunette, medium texture and density.

CG since 5/16/2008.

Growing out an eeevil :evil1: haircut with 4 layers on the left side and 6 layers on the right side.
    Currently using: Aubrey Organics' White Camelia, Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner and Island Naturals for co-wash. Alternating My Honey Child's : Caribbean Curling Creme, Honey Guava Balm, and Coconut Milk; and Moptop's Gel on top for styling.

• CaliCali Posts: 475Registered Users
    My hair is frasty right now. That is a combination of frizzy and nasty..frasty. I had to do someone else's hair so I was stuck with an afro.

Not even a really nice afro with cute puffs and defined curls..a really bad looking afro..with frizzy curls. I will wash tomorrow because I am sick of this week of horrible afro's.
    .png
    "Women are made to be loved, not understood."