CurlTalk

Bare Minerals...Grrrrr

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
I have been playing around with different mineral makeups and yesterday I pulled out my Bare Minerals again. I have used it before and been fine with it but it is not one of my favorites (gets kind of shiny looking). But apparently yesterday was not so fine. I don't know if I put too much on or what but by mid afternoon I realized my face was a little itchy. By the time I got home a little more so. A little while later I went ahead and washed my face (why I didn't do it the minute I got home I don't know) and by this point my face is really itchy. So this morning my face is redder than usual (I have a little redness normally), looks almost like a sunburn across my cheeks and it's itchy and my one eye is a little puffed up from scratching at it (I swear I think I was scratching at it in my sleep or something). So I took a Claritin, put some cortisone cream on the really itchy spots and went to work with virtually no makeup on (it's a little scary). That stuff will be going in the trash. I just want to say GRRRRR!!!!!
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I never knew until I read here that it made you itch. When I used it and got itchy I just thought it was me. I stopped using though - it drove me crazy.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    It's that damned bismuth.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    That's good to know. I was wondering what would have done it. Now I know what to look for since I had such a strong reaction this time around.

That kind of sucks too though because I was looking at a powder makeup from Philosophy that looked promising and I just looked again at the ingredients and it has Bismuth in it. That's off the list now.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I had the same problem, and now I use Everyday Minerals. I also had the problem of a shiny look from BE, and EM gives me a more natural look.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I've tried Everyday Minerals and that one didn't work for me either. I still got the shiny, almost tin man look. I have played with Meow and Lumiere and those do ok but since I struggle with dryness, the mineral makeups sometimes make it worse (or at least more obvious). I am making some changes to my skin care to hopefully alleviate some of that problem because I do like how the mineral makeup wears over how liquid does. And I have a dermatologist appointment in a few weeks.
  • frizzy pooffrizzy poof Posts: 21Registered Users
    Wow, I had that too! I just thought it was my acne, hmmm...maybe not now that I've read this thread.

I only wear it when I know there will be pictures or to some important events, since I've had this reaction to it. I didn't at first though, it started around the same time my acne products did the same (stupid Proactiv!).

My local grocery sells Larenim, I keep thinking about trying that when I can afford it. I just don't think I'll be able to come up with the $ for the Jane Iredale that I originally wanted.

Anyone try the Larenim loose foundation? Or any of the Larenim?