*Post your favorite bean recipes*

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
I have a pot of aduki/adzuki beans cooking on the stove a need some bean recipes. I have a few recipes (not too crazy about them), but it is a big pot beans. Ideally, I would like to create 3 different dishes from my one pot of beans.

I am especially interested in a brown rice and bean dish.

Aduki/adzuki beans are now my favorite type of bean....
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't have any ideas other than serving them with rice, but I love those beans too. Soooo yummy! I don't really like saying the name of them though. :lol: I wonder if you can make some type of bean cake with them? Like you would a black bean "burger".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    aren't they best beans? so yummy and good.

you can call them: small red delicious beans. :toothy7:
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    http://tinyurl.com/2w7zw4

This recipe sounds good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    that does sound good.
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    Take your pick:

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=adzuki&Search=Search&Searcht=

If the link doesn't work, go to:

www.recipezaar.com and enter adzuki in the search bar. One of my fave recipe sites.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We love beans at my house!

I make a soup/stew: basically it's beans, diced tomatoes, swiss chard and maybe some spelt or rice. Throw in vegetable or chicken broth and heat well. Yummy! And hearty, too.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used to cook this all the time for my parents, but I haven't made it in some time, so my memory is a little fuzzy.
    Saute one large chopped onion. Add garlic. Pour in four cans of rinsed pink beans, two cans of chopped tomatoes. Add one-two packets of sazon, 1/3-1/2 jar of sofrito.
    Let sit on low heat for flavors to meld. Add big bunch of chopped cilantro and serve over rice.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I eat beans and brown rice a few times a week, but I don't use any special recipe. I just cook them the way I grew up with - using dried beans which I soak, wash and toss the rice and beans, and cook with a lot of spices, adobo seasoning, garlic, onions, tomatoes, curry, bay leaves.... whatever I have on hand that works. You can also make a cold bean salad, or make soup with beans, or cook them with pasta sauce and pasta, or put cold washed beans in a salad with balsamic vinegar or olive oil, or put them in a blender and make a paste/dip to eat with veggies, or make them into bean cakes, and the list goes on.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file