Help me choose products

KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
help.gif

My head is swimming. I have no idea what to try next and would love some specific product suggestions. I'm out of everything except conditioner right now so I'm starting fresh.

Here's where I'm at. I've been doing CG for a few weeks now. My hair is crap. Today it's greasy and icky and feels like straw at the same time. I think it's greasy because I didn't rinse the conditioner well enough. It's not usually greasy, just strawlike. I also used a bit of Burt's Bees shampoo today, but just a little on the scalp.

Normal routine (I'm a 2c/3a):

Co-wash 2-3 times a week. Other days just slap in some conditioner and rinse. I use Burt's Bees Raspberry & something. When I co-wash I use some cheapo White Rain that has no cones/sls.

When done, but still in the shower I put on CK or (can't believe I'm admitting to this) Astroglide :lol: and then [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Gel-p-45.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-gel]CHS gel[/buylink] over that. I scrunch the excess water with a Curlese towel and plop for 15 minutes. Then air dry. I have zero patience to diffuse. I've always air dried my hair and no I don't mess with it when it's drying.

My hair is either frizzy or crunchy, no inbetween. I bought the CHS trial stuff and it's gone. I was going to try the Jessicurl trial pack next.

Here's a picture. You can see it's already starting to get frizzy, but it's not all the way dry yet.
IMG_7905.jpg

Comments

• shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    a lot of people have pin pointed that Burts Bees conditioners are drying. Maybe try a different conditioner?
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    Dang! I just got that too LOL. I have only used it maybe 3-4 times. Before that it was.... uh.... oh heck if I know. Some organic stuff I found at the commissary.
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Burts Raspberry has wheat protein in it which from reading these boards a lot of curlies have trouble with. I used to use the Raspberry one and I love BB's stuff but had to give up on the shampoo. I used up my bottle by using it on the weekends when I wasn't going anywhere and doing a DT to fix the dryness it caused.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file