Ok, I give up!

Alright, little miss fancy Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose!

You stink. I've said it before, and I've said it again, you smell just terrible to me. I am an exceedingly messy person, and I tell you: that 3-week old banana I found under a pile of papers on my desk smelled better than you.

But you know what? I give up. I accept that other than the smell, you are the perfect conditioner. There will never be another for me, AOHR! I love you in all your stinky dead floral arrangement glory!! Yeah, sure I'll still always have my VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, but AOHR, you sly seductress, I think you know who I'll always go for when I need a conditioning, if you know what I mean.

You're so slippy and smooth...light and rich at the same time...and you rinse so clean and leave my hair so soft and healthy-feeling...mmmmm...

Today in the shower, I noticed you were getting very low in your bottle, and I realized something: I just could not bear to spend one shower without you there to lean on. I went back to you because I needed to "use you up," but AOHR, I think you've known all along it was really you that was using me up. Tonight, I ran out and bought a second bottle of you in a special trip...just the two of us.

I guess what I'm trying to say, AOHR...is I love you. I don't ever want to be without you. We are meant to be, you and I! Smell schmell, let's work it out!! Why not? If Romeo and Juliet could make it...wait, bad example...! Forget I said that, what I meant was that no matter what our issues, I'm finally ready to admit that I love you, and I'm ready to make a commitment.

...I'll see you tomorrow, stinkypoo...in the shower!
3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/

Comments

• shellynotshellynot Registered Users Posts: 1,140
    :laughing6:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    I really hated it too at first. But I think I am used to it.
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    Very well written :toothy7:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    You and Cali should branch out into writing .... too cute !!! :)
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • msjananimsjanani Registered Users Posts: 624
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    You and Cali should branch out into writing .... too cute !!! :)

Hehe, thanks. :compress:

Current products:

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    I've never tried AOHR, but after reading your post, I'm intrigued. It must be pretty good stuff to overcome that tirade. :)
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    Nice job msjanani! Goes along with my thread of what we will do for our hair.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    :laughing7::laughing7: BRAVO, msjanani!! Well done! :thumbleft:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ::curtsey's::

Current products:

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    cute...lol
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • CurlicatCurlicat Registered Users Posts: 44
    msjanani ~ I laughed all through your post! Too clever. In addition to making me laugh, your post also solved a mystery for me. I tried the AOHR for the first time the other day. I have been using AO products for years, but I had never tried the HR since I was happy with the Island Naturals condish. Anyway, when I opened the AOHR, I noticed the scent and, although I didn't find it particularly awful, it did give me an odd feeling, almost a sad feeling. I had no idea where that came from until I read your post. You wrote, "...in all your stinky dead floral arrangement glory..." and just those few words solved the mystery. I even went and took a whiff of the stuff just to make sure. It is a well-established fact that scent can trigger emotions as it is connected to subconscious memory. Three years ago, I lost my 8-year-old granddaughter, Cheyenne, in a drowning accident. After the funeral, my son and daughter-in-law brought all of the flower arrangements home and put them in Cheyenne's bedroom. The shock soon wore off and the grief set in and my son and DIL couldn't bear to even look in Cheyenne's room so they closed the door and just left the flowers in there. After a couple of weeks in the summer heat, the whole house began to smell like rotting flowers. I finally went in and cleaned them out and I guess that smell has stayed in my memory and is associated with sadness. I won't hold that against the AOHR, though, since it is such an awesome conditioner. I will just have to associate its scent with something funny, like little old ladies splashing on rose water to mask their B.O.!
    Shoulder-length light brown 3a/3b with more than a few rebel silvers.
  • sessac81sessac81 Registered Users Posts: 690
    Your post is hilarious. It made me think of the Budweiser commercials :laughing7:
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Too funny! Thanks for a good laugh. The things we put up with for fabulous hair!:compress:
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    Oh my goodness, this post is too cute -- so funny ewenique! Your hair is beautiful by the way!!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • teshonteshon Registered Users Posts: 1,127
    OMG....this is so clever and funny!!!!!!!:compress::compress:

BTW-ditto.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • l.deonl.deon Registered Users Posts: 235 Curl Neophyte
    Love, love, love this post! Everything you said was right on!
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
    Thanks girls!! :blob3:

Curlicat, I'm sorry it triggered such painful memories for you, and I'm even more sorry for such a terrible loss for you and your family. I'm glad that you discovered the association though with AOHR! And your "alternate" scent description is too funny!

Current products:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file