Rain, rain go away...

CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
...little CGE wants a yard.

As it is, we may stock our yard with catfish and charge admission for fishing.

Anyone here affected by the flooding?
I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :shock:
    is that an announcement?

:mrgreen:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Oh no, I didn't know you were flooded! We're in the city so it hasn't been a problem, but my fiance works in Wildwood (a long drive, ugh) and it's crazy out there.

We took a road trip this past week and the Ohio River by Paducah was about twice as wide as usual. I'm glad that flows into the Mississippi south of STL.

Is your yard in really bad shape? It's completely under water?
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    The water hadn't really gone away from the LAST rain we had. I just peaked outside and it's awful. We spent a ton of money last year regrading it and bringing in more dirt because the builder did such a lousy job. So much for that. All of the dirt has long been washed away.

So far our sump pump is holding up, which is more than I can say for some of my neighbors.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
    Here's a really crappy picture of our back yard.

0331081809.jpg

And no Wile, that's no announcement. It's called a nursery rhyme. *I* am little CGE in the story. You freak.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Oh yuck, I hope your yard dries up soon and you can go play in it, little CGE! :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    :oops:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

You know...trying to make everyone else pregnant is going to catch up to you.:laughing7:
  • CurlsCurls Posts: 72Registered Users
    Wow, look at your poor yard!

:(

Rain means it's too warm to snow!

:toothy7:
    "I don't like to say I have given my life to art. I prefer to say art has given me my life."
    -Frank Stella
    scared0018.gif
    you first...

0004.gif

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You wouldn't care to send a few buckets over here would you? We're still drought-stricken in Sth Australia and everyone gets very excited if we even get a shower (very few and far between). The weather's gone mad.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file