Giada De Laurentiis Welcomes a Baby Girl!

UsodaUsoda Posts: 918Registered Users
Celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis is the new mother of a baby girl, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"De Laurentiis and husband Todd Thompson welcomed their first child, a healthy baby girl, on Saturday March 29 in Los Angeles," her rep tells PEOPLE. "Jade Marie De Laurentiis Thompson weighed in at 5lbs, 13oz."

The baby is the first for the Food Network star and Today show contributor, 37, and her husband since 2003, Todd Thompson, 44, a clothing designer.

"When I found out I was pregnant I was in complete shock," De Laurentiis said last November, when the baby news was first announced. "I truly didn't believe it. I honestly thought, 'There has got to be a mistake.' "

By February, she was saying of the physical changes overtaking her – and her sudden cravings for steak – "I couldn't be more excited about being pregnant. ... I can't wait to meet her."

source: "People"

Comments

• bushyheadbushyhead Posts: 1,676Registered Users
    Thanks for posting. I was just wondering if she'd had the baby yet.
    tt2b5cc.aspx

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift . . . that's why it's called the present." - Unknown
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't even know she was pregnant! And she had her on my birthday...I always love that. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Awww, Happy Birthday Spring!!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Awe gosh..thank you CurlyCanadian!! :toothy7:Very sweet of you. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Aries are the best ;)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Good for Giada! I think she is going to be a great mom.
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I didn't even know she was pregnant! And she had her on my birthday...I always love that. :D

That's my birthday too! I think we figured this out last year, but of course I was only thinking about me, so I forgot about poor spring1onu. :glasses9:
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
    Happy birthday to you too lauraloo! :D

Yes, poor me!! :cry: hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file