Getting a Deva Cut tomorrow

I'm super excited, I can't wait. I really hope my experience is as great as so many others on here.

I'll post before and after pics in about a week once I'm back home with an internet connection that wasn't made in the time of the ark (my parents have dial-up).

I want to make sure I make the most of my time with the stylist (Keyonna at Capella), so I wanted to ask you guys for any suggestions on what else to ask. Right now I'm going to talk to her about:

-the cut itself of course - I want to maximize the curl in my 3a/b hair and maintain as much length as possible, I'm also going to talk to her about getting bangs
-DevaCurl products - which shampoo, which conditioner, which gel. And how to use them.
-How often to use the products and how much.
-DevaRed and SacRED love products and whether or not they would cover my gray enough for me to stop dying my hair. (and whether or not I should alternate with One Conditioner to make sure I don't get too much red)
-How to clip
-How to style/what clips to sleep with if I want to pull of 2nd and 3rd day hair.
-If a microfiber towel is as good for styling as paper towels.

Is there anything else you guys think i should talk to the stylist about while I'm there? I mean I know I can always come here and ask you guys if I'm confused about something but for $100 I want to get as much out of my time with the stylist as possible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You've covered everything I could think of, but I wanted to wish you luck and send the good haircut vibes your way. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • alwaysaangelalwaysaangel Posts: 55Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    You've covered everything I could think of, but I wanted to wish you luck and send the good haircut vibes your way. :)

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    You're going to have a great time - love before and after pics - Good Luck
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No other ideas for discussion but wishing you good hair cut vibes.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Sending you good luck and awesome hair cut vibes!! :compress:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hope that you have a good Deva cut experience. Post pics, pretty please!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    i think you covered the questions, and she will probably offer you some info you didn't think of too!!

Good luck!!! Good haircut vibes comin your way!!:sunny:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Thanks for the good vibes everyone, hopefully it will help. Pics as soon as I can borrow someone's camera or figure out how to use my computer to take pics of the back of my head.

3 hours!!!

I had the pictures I'm taking with me to show her looks I'm considering out and my dad looked at them (knowing I'm driving 30 min for a haircut which he finds ridiculous) and he was like "omg I hope thats not what they're going to do to your hair." He's one of the types who thinks curly hair looks wild and unprofessional. Haha. I told him "Daddy, I have curly hair, its something you're just going to have to accept" he walked away mumbling. Haha gotta love my father.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Have a wonderful time!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    Well I'm home. It was great fun. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

It was a nice experience. She layered my hair really nicely. The one thing that surprised me is my hair actually got less corkscrew and more S curls. Which I like. It wasn't what I expected but I like it and I think it will be easy to manage which is what I was hoping for.

I think tomorrow I may get a little more curl. My hair doesn't usually like the air dryer things you sit in so I think that was part of the problem.

But I'm really happy with what Keyonna did and am really pleased with the result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm glad you had a great experience. I can't wait to see those pictures! :)
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Well I'm home. It was great fun. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

It was a nice experience. She layered my hair really nicely. The one thing that surprised me is my hair actually got less corkscrew and more S curls. Which I like. It wasn't what I expected but I like it and I think it will be easy to manage which is what I was hoping for.

I think tomorrow I may get a little more curl. My hair doesn't usually like the air dryer things you sit in so I think that was part of the problem.

But I'm really happy with what Keyonna did and am really pleased with the result.

So glad you had a good experience. Did she answer your questions? Please tell all :blob7: and can't wait to see pics!!!!
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    . Did she answer your questions? Please tell all :blob7: and can't wait to see pics!!!!

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm happy it was a good experience, I will definitely go back in 6 months or so when I need it.

The one thing is when she gathered all the products for me I think she forgot gel, so I need to order that online since they are the closest place and I'm not driving 30 miles again for gel.

As far as my questions:

-the cut itself of course - I want to maximize the curl in my 3a/b hair and maintain as much length as possible, I'm also going to talk to her about getting bangs
    For this she layered it a ton which I only had straight layers before and it looks great. But because she left all the length the curls got looser - but it looks great and today I have hair that I wouldn't have a problem wearing out. So horray for 2nd day hair!
    -DevaCurl products - which shampoo, which conditioner, which gel. And how to use them.
    She put me on the DevaCare No poo (palm size amount), the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]DevaCare One Condition[/buylink]er (little more than palm size amount), [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]DevaCurl B'Leave-In[/buylink] (palm size amount while dripping wet before gel, I'm not sure which gel since she forgot to get me that one, but I'm going to find out. Then I got the set-it free for setting first day hair and the MisterRight to fix my hair for 2nd and 3rd day hair. She has me just mist all over as if I'm putting water on it - then adjust the curls.
    -How often to use the products and how much.
    -DevaRed and SacRED love products and whether or not they would cover my gray enough for me to stop dying my hair. (and whether or not I should alternate with One Conditioner to make sure I don't get too much red.
    She said I shouldn't do the Red products as they probably would do nothing for my gray. But she had a super awesome suggestion about dying it though. She said I should put permanent on my roots and SEMIPERMANENT throughout the rest of my hair to revitalize the color. That way I'm not constantly putting harsh chemicals all throughout my hair, but I'm still getting consistent color. I can't wait to try this for a while and see if my hair gets healthier.
    -How to clip
    This was shockingly easy. I never got it when I read CG and I thought it was much more complicated than just sticking clips in from the back to hold the hair up for some lift.
    -How to style/what clips to sleep with if I want to pull of 2nd and 3rd day hair.
    For this she said most of her clients just sleep with nothing or in a loose pony tail. But I toss too much for that so I'm going to try some of the suggestions from this site.
    -If a microfiber towel is as good for styling as paper towels.
    She said paper towels and T-shirts are better. I can't remember if she told me why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    She said I shouldn't do the Red products as they probably would do nothing for my gray. But she had a super awesome suggestion about dying it though. She said I should put permanent on my roots and SEMIPERMANENT throughout the rest of my hair to revitalize the color. That way I'm not constantly putting harsh chemicals all throughout my hair, but I'm still getting consistent color. I can't wait to try this for a while and see if my hair gets healthier.

Color by Robert Craig would be perfect for this! You can use it for roots and ends too! Very gentle. :)

Thanks for all the info she passed on.
    As promised-before and after pics. I didn't really have pics of the back of my head before so here is one from the front. The curls were much more weighed down and I had almost no layering.

PalmSprings2.jpg

And now after my cut. I'm still getting used to styling it but I really like how she layered it and how the curls turned out.

100_2670.jpg
    100_2671.jpg
    100_2672.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Just beautiful! Boy does your hair look full!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    It's beautiful! :)
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Your hair is really beautiful!! You are very lucky to have a salon near you. I leave in the UK and cannot find anywhere that knows how to cut curly hair. I cannot believe how much different your hair looks just from having your hair cut by someone who knows what they are doing!
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very pretty ... love the colour too !! :)
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think all the good haircut vibes worked - it looks great!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    looks gorgeous!!!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• JulieWJulieW Posts: 18Registered Users
    Your curls look awesome--I'd love to see how you look from the front too, I bet you look beautiful!!
    2C/3A/3B mix
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    Looks really good! I envy you! :wink:
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Love your curls! So happy that you got a great cut.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    Thanks everyone the good hair vibes definitely worked!! I'm still getting used to the styling but I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The cut really enhanced your curls and volume. Nice job!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file