Opening Day Is Finally Here.

curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
I hope we finally see some sunshine here in Detroit!
NO MORE SNOW PLEASE!

Good Luck to your team until your team plays Detroit.:wink::toothy7:

And Thank You Lord...
I finally get to see Carlos Guillen again.

Comments

• pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Our opening is today too (Dodgers).:toothy7: I wish I was going to be there.
  • 'moptop''moptop' Posts: 438Registered Users
    Baseball fans should have more respect for the presidency. How could any real American boo the president throwing the opening pitch in DC this weekend?! :toothy7:

Good luck to all teams, especially Chicago and Atlanta. :nike:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"My favorite president is President Obama." ---six year old quoted by the Washington Post during a president Bush YMCA visit
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    It's never spring until the Sox start playing! We're starting tomorrow 1-1 thanks to a stint in Japan.

Yay for baseball!
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Phillies start today!! My son's going. Too bad it's chilly and drizzling... Hopefully it'll clear up a bit before the start of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    Opening Day???

Go Tigers!!

I miss baseball. Out of a handful of opening days I can only remember 1 that had nice weather (and that was back at old Tiger Stadium).
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Go Cards!!!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Go 'Stros! :compress:
    gettin' that much closer to football...yeahhhh!!!!

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How could any real American boo the president throwing the opening pitch in DC this weekend?! :toothy7:

I hate all pro-sports, but even I enjoyed that moment. :)
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Yay!

Stupid rain delay is keeping the Diamondbacks' season from starting - but hopefully in about 15 minutes! That's when the delayed game is supposed to start.

Good luck to all your teams! And Rockies fans, I think your team is going to win it all. They looked AMAZING this spring.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    It's another year for the Cubs. I have no hope for these guys, the last world series win was in 08'......1908. :tongue2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    it took me awhile to figure out that this was about baseball! shows how much i know...:oops:
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Dodgers Opener against the Giants just started! I'm listening to the game on the radio. I much rather be there.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    iris427 wrote: »
    Go Cards!!!

You betcha, baby!

Rain delay, bottom of the 3rd. BUT! Cards are beating the Rockies 5-1. :D

ETA: Postponed 'til tomorrow night. 4-1 was the "final" but it didn't count.

One of my favorite former Springfield Cardinals, Mr. Rico Washington, made the trip 'round the warning track in a convertible - he made it to the show, baby! After something like 10 years bouncing around the minors, he's now a MAJOR LEAGUE BALLPLAYER! Go Rico!

And Ozzie was there, looking less grumpy than usual to be within a 40 mile radius of Tony. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    YolyC wrote: »
    It's another year for the Cubs. I have no hope for these guys, the last world series win was in 08'......1908. :tongue2:

I'm a diehard, lifelong, 4th generation Cardinals fan. That being said, I think I would kind of love it a little if the Cubs won it all this year.

Maybe. We'll see how I feel come September... :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote: »
    iris427 wrote: »
    Go Cards!!!

You betcha, baby!

Rain delay, bottom of the 3rd. BUT! Cards are beating the Rockies 5-1. :D

ETA: Postponed 'til tomorrow night. 4-1 was the "final" but it didn't count.

One of my favorite former Springfield Cardinals, Mr. Rico Washington, made the trip 'round the warning track in a convertible - he made it to the show, baby! After something like 10 years bouncing around the minors, he's now a MAJOR LEAGUE BALLPLAYER! Go Rico!

And Ozzie was there, looking less grumpy than usual to be within a 40 mile radius of Tony. :D

Gotta love that St. Louis weather! I've decided the cheap seats in Busch Stadium are the best because you stay dry when the inevitable storm rolls in! :)

LOL about Ozzie
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Dear Lord:blob7: He even hit a home run today.:toothy7:
    But we still lost.:sad8:
    carlosrunninggw0.jpg
    Of course you lost...
    great pic...

:toothy7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Of course you lost...
    great pic...

:toothy7:

This school:love10:girl crush is awful.
    My dad's Collegiate Baseball article made it online!

This site: http://baseballplayamerica.com/
    has it here: http://baseballplayamerica.com/page8.html

And tonight I'm going to AAA opening night to watch Randy Johnson pitch. I'll post pictures later!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

TG RJ is not playing for his looks...
    :lol:
    0004.gif

In case anyone wants nightmares... and I wasn't zooming. At least not much (second row behind the dugout he was walking into):
    Small_Randy_Face.jpg

And Trot Nixon for the Red Sox fans:
    Trot.jpg
    -Speckla

So Sunday I was supposed to go to a minor league game to watch our big pitching prospect, Max Scherzer, start. I woke up to a text message from my brother asking if I knew what they were going to do with him since they'd called him up.

Last night he pitched 4 1/3 innings in relief when our starting pitcher did poorly. 7 strikeouts, perfect for his 4 1/3. I've seen Randy Johnson pitch at his best. I've seen videos of Randy's perfect game. Max seemed more dominant than Randy, so the main question for him is whether he ends up healthy for his career or not. Just.... wow. Kid looked amazing.
    -Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file