Ever wonder if your friends are posting about you on other boards?

Ever wonder if your friends are posting about you on other boards?

I've been thinking about this for a while. But the "my friend slept with her boss" thread really prompted this one. No slight to the OP! Since we all post about our life and the people in them.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Brooke789Brooke789 Posts: 415Registered Users
    Nope. :lol:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You need an option in your poll for: I don't know, and I don't care
  • CurlsCurls Posts: 72Registered Users
    Y I don't know, and I don't care

This would also be my selection. :D
    "I don't like to say I have given my life to art. I prefer to say art has given me my life."
    -Frank Stella
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    I only know of one other friend that knows how to post on boards... most of my friends don't even know what boards are. I personally find their lack of technical prowess humorous and dangerous. In this day and age, you cannot afford for your kids to know more than you do!
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    No, and if they did, the threads wouldn't get any responses.....my life is pretty uneventful :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    You're right, RCW! Wonder how I edit a poll...?
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I'm boring so really I have no clue what they could talk about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    None of my friends are really into internet/message board users. They use the internet to search for stuff, etc but not for any type of interaction. At least that is what I think - maybe they are all closet message boarders.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    YolyC wrote: »

Same here. :lol:

I would be interested to know if they were posting about me, but I can't imagine what exactly they'd be saying!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    My life lacks the drama needed to be good message board fodder.

Anyone posting about me would REALLY need to get a life.

ETA: Someone was gossiping about me "in real life" and I thought the same thing. Everyone who had a life ignored them...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    No-- I don't post about my friends either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    Um. I don't even think about this. I'm another vote for I don't know and I don't care.
    <insert signature line here>
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I would've have picked I don't know and I don't care, but since that wasn't an option, I picked, no, the first no, because I seriously so seldomly interact with my friends anymore so they would most likely have nothing to write, unless it is to complain about my lack of being around.
    And if they do write about me, I couldn't care less.
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Curls wrote: »
    Y I don't know, and I don't care

Mine too! I never thought about it and I don't really care if they do.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    None of my friends are really into internet/message board users. They use the internet to search for stuff, etc but not for any type of interaction.

Ditto. My friends are all too busy managing husbands, kids, aging parents and demanding, challenging careers to play on message boards.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    None of my friends are really into internet/message board users. They use the internet to search for stuff, etc but not for any type of interaction.

Ditto. My friends are all too busy managing husbands, kids, aging parents and demanding, challenging careers to play on message boards.

So you must have nothing better to do with your life since you are here posting, right?
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :lol:
    where's the rat's a.. reply...

:laughing7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iris427 wrote: »
    Curls wrote: »
    I don't know, and I don't care

Mine too!

Yup.
  • Cabana BoyCabana Boy Posts: 400Registered Users
    I never really thought about it.
    Fortune favors the bold.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    CGE wrote: »

So you must have nothing better to do with your life since you are here posting, right?

Exactly. I am just slumming it with the likes of you ;)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm the only one in my group of friends who actually posts on a message board.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    CGE wrote: »

Exactly. I am just slumming it with the likes of you ;)

You know, I actually don't really go around advertising that I post on message boards. I think my friends would think it's totally weird. No one I know IRL does it. Well, Bianca does, but that's how I met her. :wink:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    YolyC wrote: »
    medussa wrote: »

All of the above. If I mention going to boards they restrain themselves from rolling their eyes and move on. However, they don't have a problem getting completely wrapped up in online games.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Actually, I should change my answer. My friends DO post about me on a message board, but I'm there to see it. The Rock Boat is an annual event, and we have a message board that some of the participants choose to post on. I have friends I've bet through TRB, and sometimes they'll tell a story about one of our trips, or a concert I recommended, or anything like that.

But to me that doesn't count, since it's not the same type of intent.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    i've never thought about it until now. i guess i don't care either way, really.
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Um. I don't even think about this. I'm another vote for I don't know and I don't care.

Ha, this was my original thought, too. I don't know, I don't care. And if they were posting about me at other boards, I still wouldn't care.
    :rambo:
  • Cabana BoyCabana Boy Posts: 400Registered Users
    M2LR&Co. wrote: »

Ha, this was my original thought, too. I don't know, I don't care. And if they were posting about me at other boards, I still wouldn't care.

Really?

It is some juicy stuff. :wink:
    Fortune favors the bold.
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I don't even think half my friends know what message boards are, so I'm quite sure they're not posting stuff about me...besides I don't do anything thats interesting enough that they would want to share with anyone. But if they did I wouldn't care
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cabana Boy wrote: »
    M2LR&Co. wrote: »

Really?

It is some juicy stuff. :wink:

:silent:
    :rambo:
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »

i think i am too. but i usually keep the sordid details of my life to myself, so i can personally post them online. :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file