Help me find a graduation dress.

BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
I'm graduating college in May, and I just realized I need something to wear! I'll be wearing a cap and gown, but I'd like to wear something new and pretty under the traditional get-up. And then I can wear it all day while out with family and friends.

But I have no idea where to start looking! My mother said she'd buy it for me (maybe two, since there are two days of ceremonies), and she would like to spend less than $100/dress. I would prefer no strapless or spaghetti straps, and I may need to wear a cardigan over it -- it has been known to snow on graduation here. And knee-length is ideal.

I'm so clueless about dress shopping. I rarely wear them because my measurements are so different that they don't often fit well, and I have to have then altered. So I really need to get on finding one in case I need to take it for adjustments.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
Under construction.

Comments

• BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I've been looking, and this is the closest I've come to what I want.
    Under construction.
  • CaliCali Posts: 475Registered Users
    That is so cute. I was going to suggest something like that..
    .png
    "Women are made to be loved, not understood."
  • noelaninoelani Posts: 665Registered Users
    Befrizzled wrote: »

It's cute but it seems so bridesmaidish.
    "When you are not afraid to fall, that's when you fly the highest"

"You shouldnt let random people who dont love you , arent there to help you with a flat tire, or there to fix you soup when your tummy hurts dictate your choices in life."
    I like it, but I don't love it. I'm not attached to it, so feel free to make suggestions. It bears some resemblance to a dress I have in red, but the neckline is different. The general shape and material are the same, and I like it, which is why I think I was drawn to this one. But I'm not set on it.
    Under construction.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    noelani wrote: »

I agree, but I think it's because of the color. If you don't mind getting a bridesmaid dress, Ann Taylor is having a ridiculous sale on them and there are a few cut similar to the one you posted. They are about $30 now, so check it out!
    I also have a dress like that, but it's black and I got it from Marshalls several years ago. I would check them out too - there are a lot of dresses there and at TJ Maxx because of the Easter season.

Munchy wrote: »
    noelani wrote: »

I agree, but I think it's because of the color. If you don't mind getting a bridesmaid dress, Ann Taylor is having a ridiculous sale on them and there are a few cut similar to the one you posted. They are about $30 now, so check it out!
    I also have a dress like that, but it's black and I got it from Marshalls several years ago. I would check them out too - there are a lot of dresses there and at TJ Maxx because of the Easter season.

Ohh, that's a good idea! I never thought to check Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I don't think there's an Ann Taylor here, but there's an Ann Taylor Loft... I'll look into it. In the dress I posted, I think my only option would be lavender. I'm whiter than white, and the other colors just wouldn't look right, I don't think.
    Under construction.
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    what color is your gown? I don't really know your "personal style," but i've been looking at this dress for my cousin's wedding: http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=dresses&product%5Fid=2048179059&Page=7#

There are a ton of affordable, cute dresses from that website, too.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• Brooke789Brooke789 Posts: 415Registered Users
    I need to find a dress to wear to my SIL's high school graduation. I want to get some type of one piece maybe knee length dress. Any ideas??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file