Proper grammar???????? explained

sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
Just want to make it clear to everyone that I am not critiquing anyone's grammar. My husband was actually correcting my grammar and for the life of me, I couldn't decide whether it was proper. Just wanted to explain that since it has previously been misinterpreted as mocking another board member. I was talking about my new baby's change in appetite.
We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For what it's worth, when I read your original post, I didn't think you were mocking anyone. I thought it was exactly as you put it: you were trying to figure it out for your own edification.

It's kinda hilarious that you did the multiple ? thingy again here, actually, given the way that thread went. :laughing9:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Do we really need two threads about this?!?!?!?!?
    Do we really need two threads about this?!?!?!?!?

more :laughing9:
  • sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
    Glad to hear it! I could care less if someone misspelled or punctuated a sentence incorrectly. :glasses9:
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
    Yes We REALLY do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sonny wrote: »
    Glad to hear it! I could care less if someone misspelled or punctuated a sentence incorrectly. :glasses9:

You mean you couldn't care less? :wink:

[Sorry, I really couldn't resist! It was just there for the taking.]
    I have no idea, it's too funny. You are right, I guess, "I could not care less". I have issues with my brain, ever since I started the sleep deprivation that goes along with a newborn.:wink:
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »
    For what it's worth, when I read your original post, I didn't think you were mocking anyone. I thought it was exactly as you put it: you were trying to figure it out for your own edification.

Right? I must not post here enough anymore if we're accusing one another of mocking just for asking a question.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    sonny wrote: »
    I have no idea, it's too funny. You are right, I guess, "I could not care less". I have issues with my brain, ever since I started the sleep deprivation that goes along with a newborn.:wink:

I hear ya! Very cute baby, BTW.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I never thought you were mocking anyone either. I assumed it was a question about yourself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file