A little late but...

I colored today with Colorsilk...cheap stuff I know. I hope I haven't done major damage. I'm too impatient.

1. Is this stuff really bad?

2. Do you wash your hair before coloring to get rid of all mouse/gel?

Speckla

Comments

• BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    1. It's not my favorite color, but a lot of folks really like it and think it's one of the gentlest drug store permanents around.

2. I wouldn't worry about shampooing before using colorsilk unless you had a lot of product buildup from stuff that's not water-soluble.

Hope you like your color!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Brio wrote: »
    Hope you like your color!/quote]

I hated it and made a royal mess which is why I ended up going to JC Penny salon and now my hair is a darker brown with red streaks. :compress: *now *i love it.

Speckla
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Speckla wrote: »

I hated it and made a royal mess which is why I ended up going to JC Penny salon and now my hair is a darker brown with red streaks. :compress: *now *i love it.

Speckla
    Pictures? :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »

Speckla
    Pictures? :D
    I knew you'd ask. I will post pix as soon a I remember to buy batteries for my camera (I do have rechargeables that work great -- when I can find them)! :thumbdown::laughing7:

Speckla
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I know how that goes. Never batteries when you need them. LOL OK, I'll try to be patient. I see you changed your avatar. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I know how that goes. Never batteries when you need them. LOL OK, I'll try to be patient. I see you changed your avatar. :)

Yeah, my avatar doesn't look nearly as good as the cutie on yours...what a real dog!! :)

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file