Giving up shampoo!!

Ok, I shampooed my hair on Wednesday last week with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any buildup that I may have. I have been rinsing my hair with water and massaging my scalp. I'm using Biloge Hydrating Mousse and just twisting up the back with a clip and bobbypins. I'm having much much less shedding!! I'm not sure what to do with my hair from this point on. Updos are probably gonna be my best friend for a while...my hair is too short for a ponytail but bobbypins work fine.

Speckla

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    Why are you doing this? Giving up shampoo and only wearing updos?
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    hopetocurl wrote: »

I'm wanting to do Curly Girl and right now the only thing I have in my house is shampoos with sulfates. I think the shampoos were a part of why I shed so much and have a lot of breakage.

I'm wearing updos because I don't know what else to do with my hair right now.

Speckla
  • kola626kola626 Registered Users Posts: 117
    Hello Speckla,

I do a lot of updo's especially in the summer because since I'm trying to keep myself cool :wink:. I got great results from the styles in the book " Strictly Curls" by Nicole Siri. She shows you great updos, and you can get great styles just by using simple bobbypins, now who cant afford bobby pins?? I find these styles elegant and stylish when you can even make your own hair pins using her book. I went to a bookstore to check it out and read over it to make sure I can do the styles and HAD to buy it, it was really useful for me on my everyday styles. :blob7:
    HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
    Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
    Condish: Suave Color Care
    Condish Method: HEHH
    DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
    My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
    Love head massages
    Speckla wrote: »

I'm wanting to do Curly Girl and right now the only thing I have in my house is shampoos with sulfates. I think the shampoos were a part of why I shed so much and have a lot of breakage.

I'm wearing updos because I don't know what else to do with my hair right now.

Speckla

Ok, I remember seeing you post about going poo-less. I don't use sulfates any more, but I just have to poo every 3rd day or my hair just looks flat...but I guess I could do the updo, too!! (I don't really know many except the ponytail and the twist.)
    CK is the one!!

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

• tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
    is the updo because it is getting a bit oily? there are lots of ways to remove extra sebum while leaving some in there to help moisturize & protect. co-wash, or baking soda (although I am not sure how much to dilute it...still experimenting with that). lately my favorite is to wrap a bit of soft absorbent cloth around my hand (t-shirt snippet? microfiber washcloth?) and "pet" my hair gently with that while rinsing it with water in the shower. this one seems to leave my hair the softest and shiniest. but I have to be very careful not to pull or snag it while wet
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing
    tmmycat wrote: »
    is the updo because it is getting a bit oily? there are lots of ways to remove extra sebum while leaving some in there to help moisturize & protect. co-wash, or baking soda (although I am not sure how much to dilute it...still experimenting with that). lately my favorite is to wrap a bit of soft absorbent cloth around my hand (t-shirt snippet? microfiber washcloth?) and "pet" my hair gently with that while rinsing it with water in the shower. this one seems to leave my hair the softest and shiniest. but I have to be very careful not to pull or snag it while wet

My hair is extremely dry and that's another reason I'm giving up shampoo. MY hair is colored and highlighted and I think Shampoo causes it to fade and strips too much oil. The updo is because my curls are slightly wacked out because my routine has changed and I think they're confused. They trying to get away -- in every direction! :laughing7:

Speckla
    Speckla wrote: »
    tmmycat wrote: »

My hair is extremely dry and that's another reason I'm giving up shampoo. MY hair is colored and highlighted and I think Shampoo causes it to fade and strips too much oil. The updo is because my curls are slightly wacked out because my routine has changed and I think they're confused. They trying to get away -- in every direction! :laughing7:

Speckla

Ms. Giblet recommended the Biolage Conditioning Balm to me, I got the BJ's brand...it has helped my hair immensely. Mine is also high/low lighted so it's really dry, this stuff worked wonders on my hair. I have also been using the HCC from Jessicurl, and made a leave-in with my AIS and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink]. I think the combination has helped my hair tremendously...doesn't even really feel that now.
    CK is the one!!

How is it working for you? I co-washed today, my scalp feels ok, but my hair is not springy. :(
    CK is the one!!

How is it working for you? I co-washed today, my scalp feels ok, but my hair is not springy. :(

I had my hair colored and highlighted this past Saturday, so my hair was shampooed, conditioned, and I got a protein treatment. So far my hair is holding ok. I am having great hair and haven't had to do anything yet.

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file