Hooray! to Ms. Giblet. SunshineGrrl you gotta try this stuff!!

hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
I was PM'ing last week with Ms. Giblet. (Cause, she's my hair hero!! Making her hair curl...and all that!!) Anyway, my problem was that my hair was feeling all tangly after I poo. I have to poo frequently like Ms. Giblet does because after the 2nd day, my hair just looks lifeless. I have been using the JC products and I really love them. But, she recommended that I try the Biolage Conditioning Balm. I didn't even make it to get the Biolage, because they had the knock off stuff at BJs. I bought a HUGE tub of their Conditioning Balm. The first time I scooped it out, I thought, this stuff is like grease, it's going to weigh my hair down. BUT, I used it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised....it rinsed out, but left my hair with incredible slip. I used my normal styling products and then plopped for 15 minutes. I was SURPRISED at the additional curls that I actually, got, the front of my hair is especially spirally. I am still having an issue with the canopy, but it is only on the very back, if I lift up that very top layer of hair, the rest is spiraling. I am SO happy...I think I've found an HG conditioner!!! I think the top layer only needs some length, there is a drastic difference b/w that layer and the next one down...like 2 inches, it looks like it is trying to spiral, just can't quite do it!! THANK YOU MS. GIBLET!! :occasion9::occasion7:

(I have used it 3 times with the same results each time!! I posted pictures on my fotki...unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera to take a clear picture, so you can't really see all of the spiraling. )
Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    hopetocurl wrote: »
    I was PM'ing last week with Ms. Giblet. (Cause, she's my hair hero!! Making her hair curl...and all that!!) Anyway, my problem was that my hair was feeling all tangly after I poo. I have to poo frequently like Ms. Giblet does because after the 2nd day, my hair just looks lifeless. I have been using the JC products and I really love them. But, she recommended that I try the Biolage Conditioning Balm. I didn't even make it to get the Biolage, because they had the knock off stuff at BJs. I bought a HUGE tub of their Conditioning Balm. The first time I scooped it out, I thought, this stuff is like grease, it's going to weigh my hair down. BUT, I used it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised....it rinsed out, but left my hair with incredible slip. I used my normal styling products and then plopped for 15 minutes. I was SURPRISED at the additional curls that I actually, got, the front of my hair is especially spirally. I am still having an issue with the canopy, but it is only on the very back, if I lift up that very top layer of hair, the rest is spiraling. I am SO happy...I think I've found an HG conditioner!!! I think the top layer only needs some length, there is a drastic difference b/w that layer and the next one down...like 2 inches, it looks like it is trying to spiral, just can't quite do it!! THANK YOU MS. GIBLET!! :occasion9::occasion7:

(I have used it 3 times with the same results each time!! I posted pictures on my fotki...unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera to take a clear picture, so you can't really see all of the spiraling. )

Just looked at your pics and WOW! you are getting some spiralling going on in there! It really is amazing how much curl you can get once you start getting some good moisture in there. Once you start getting a good balance of consistent moisture, you might see that your hair starts getting too soft with this conditioner and you might have to rotate out to a lighter one. But at least now you know what works when you do need that moisture. YAY! :blob7:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, yeah...love that stuff! And it even smells good in the process! I like the Ultra-Conditioning balm for thick and coarse hair. I thought my hair was coarse at the time, but I have since learned it's totally not. But the Ultra-Conditioning balm was like a heaven-sent miracle for me! When my hair started to feel dry, I'd pop that on, work it for a DT and be on my way with fabulous shiny hair again. I swear, it can fix any hair dilema. Those Biolage people sure knew what they were doing when they designed that stuff! I think I might have to go buy more...just ran out.

So, I went and had my curly haircut today. Wow! I'm very impressed. I'll post a new thread because I'm wordy as it is! Stay tuned!

Yup, just bought more. Good deal at Target, by the way.

• shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    is this stuff cg?
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    nevermind found the ingredients on drugstore.com!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    shellynot wrote: »
    nevermind found the ingredients on drugstore.com!

I also found a knock off version at Walgreens yesterday...it's their Bio brand. I didn't buy it... but made a mental note.
    CK is the one!!

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

I'm so bad, I never go to Walgreens. It's a pain to get to one most of the time. And then I get distracted by the makeup. And then I get distracted by the hair things. And then I get distracted by the candy. And then I finally get distracted by conditioners! Then before I know it...$100 later. Bad news! Then I eat all my candy because I'm depressed I just spent $100 at Walgreens! Then I gain weight and my clothes don't fit. No good. So I never go to Walgreens. I might have to make an exception when I run out again.

Note that I like the kind in the tube rather than the tub. I end up losing the lid in the tub because when I try to screw the lid back on, my hands are all slick, so it shoots across the shower, then have to chase it around the shower and finally give up because I realize I look utterly ridiculous chasing a lid around the shower! Ha! So now I just purchase the tube and my life is a lot easier.

Weeellll, they had it both tube and tub. Then, today, I saw both tub and tube at Target of the real stuff. It's everywhere. Probably under my nose the entire time. My mom bought a GIANT tube of the real stuff th day before Easter, for like $19.99. I told her, if it doesn't work for your hair...pass it on!! (She's got the finest, straightest hair.)
    CK is the one!!

You never know...it might work for her (hoping it doesn't, just for your sake). It's a heavy conditioner, but still light enough that it's okay for fine hair.

Here's my question. When I went and got my hair cut, I bought DevaCurl products. It's really moisturizing and has great slip and I like it...just not the smell. It kind of gives me a headache while it's sitting on my head. Any idea if the Biolage would work the same as the OneC? I'm terrified to change for fear that my curls will go back to the way they were before. Oh, yeah. I'm using ArcAngell, the DevaCurl gel, too. Any thoughts?

You never know...it might work for her (hoping it doesn't, just for your sake). It's a heavy conditioner, but still light enough that it's okay for fine hair.

Here's my question. When I went and got my hair cut, I bought DevaCurl products. It's really moisturizing and has great slip and I like it...just not the smell. It kind of gives me a headache while it's sitting on my head. Any idea if the Biolage would work the same as the OneC? I'm terrified to change for fear that my curls will go back to the way they were before. Oh, yeah. I'm using ArcAngell, the DevaCurl gel, too. Any thoughts?

I didn't like the smell of the Deva stuff either. I didn't really like the OneC, the amodimethicone in it seemed to give me buildup. I like the Biolage much better. I have also had better results with the Biolage. I wouldn't give up on the Deva stuff, it's only been a few days.
    CK is the one!!

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The "big" tub of their bio brand is on sale at Walgreens (about $5 off.) I got a tube to try. If I like it tomorrow, I may go back.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    The "big" tub of their bio brand is on sale at Walgreens (about $5 off.) I got a tube to try. If I like it tomorrow, I may go back.

What's the rub on the bio at Walgreens? Did it work?
    CK is the one!!

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Originally Posted by kathymack

Used it the last two days and really liked it--lots of slip. I think it moisturized as well as AOHR and AOIN.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    Originally Posted by kathymack

Used it the last two days and really liked it--lots of slip. I think it moisturized as well as AOHR and AOIN.

Thank goodness!! I just don't think I can stomach AOHR. I thought that the knock off Conditioning Balm that I got at BJ's smelled strong enough, but not enough to give me a headache. I picked up the AOHR at the store one day and gave it a whiff...I just couldn't put it in my cart! You've saved me from having to try it!!!
    CK is the one!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file