Help, Where are my curls?

smallgreenysmallgreeny Posts: 2Registered Users
I just got my hair cut to about my chin. It used to be partway down my back. I had big ringlets and now all I have is this feeble wave. Where did my curls go? And how can I get them back?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I just got my hair cut to about my chin. It used to be partway down my back. I had big ringlets and now all I have is this feeble wave. Where did my curls go? And how can I get them back?

Did you get your hair washed and blow dried after it was cut? That can make some of the curl go away temporarily until you wet it again. You might want to look at some pictures of when you were younger and see what kind of curls you had when it was shorter. Some people's hair get curlier as it gets longer.

Speckla
  • brionybriony Posts: 11Registered Users
    I often find that as I cut my hair shorter it loses some of its bounce. You may find that the more you let it grow the more it curls.

Don't worry though! It may just be something odd your stylist did to it. Try washing it a couple of times as you usually would - this will take away anything the stylist did to straighten it. Give your hair a week or two to recover and grow into its new style.

Briony (3a/b)
    X
    Long(ish) blonde(ish) 3a/b hair, that is lovely one minute, and a shrub the next :thumbdown:
  • smallgreenysmallgreeny Posts: 2Registered Users
    My curls came back! Yay! :compress: You were right; it just took a couple weeks for my hair to recover. It's slightly less curly now, but I think it's 3a, so it should get curlier as it grows out.
  • brionybriony Posts: 11Registered Users
    Yay!!! I'm glad you're back to your curly self :D

I'm mainly 3a, and my hair is exactly the same, if I get it too short the curls seem to die.

Briony
    Long(ish) blonde(ish) 3a/b hair, that is lovely one minute, and a shrub the next :thumbdown:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file