What can I make with leftover ham?

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm looking for a ham & whatever recipe that includes the nutrition facts & serving size.

Please help!

By the way, I've already had the ham & candied carrots dinner, & then ham salad sandwiches.

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    I like to use www.allrecipes.com or www.recipezaar.com. I just type in the ingredients that I have and go from there. They both list nutrition information. I saw a deviled ham spread that looked good/easy on recipezaar. I also saw a ham loaf recipe on allrecipes.

I use the sites regularly...more than any cookbook I have.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I found 3 great-sounding recipes within the first 6 pages of the first link!

Thank you so much! :notworthy:
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    I made ham and potato scallops. The recipe came from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook:

2 cups cubed ham
    6 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1/3 cup flour
    2 cups milk
    3 tbsp. fine bread crumbs
    1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
    2 tbsp. chopped parsley

Place half of the ham in a 2-quart casserole dish. Cover with half the potatoes and half the onion. Stir half of teh flour over; season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering ham, potatoes, and onion. Season with additional salt and pepper. Sift remaining flour atop. Pour milk all over. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until pototoes are nearly tender. Uncover. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle atop casserole. Top with parsely Bake 15 minutes more. Serves 4-6.

I wouldn't use that much milk because mine came out too liquidy. I'm using only a cup next time. I also substituted dried parsley flakes for parsley.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
  • KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    hopetocurl wrote: »
    I like to use www.allrecipes.com or www.recipezaar.com. I just type in the ingredients that I have and go from there. They both list nutrition information. I saw a deviled ham spread that looked good/easy on recipezaar. I also saw a ham loaf recipe on allrecipes.

I use the sites regularly...more than any cookbook I have.

Hash!! Or breakfast casserole
    Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ham and potato soup! I've got a recipe I posted here, but I don't have the nutritional information on it since I sorta made it up from another recipe. Allrecipes.com is one of my most favorite sites. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    these are some of the post-sliced ham meals that my mother makes (of course, not all of these are made off of one ham and its bone):

ham and bean soup with northern or navy beans

ham salad sandwiches, reminiscent of how traditional tuna or chicken salad is made, just with ham

vegetable soup with the ham bone thrown in for seasoning and anybits of meat that may fall off

ham and rice, where you put the ham bone with attached meat into a pot, add water and uncooked rice for a hearty rice meal. you could add some green peas if you wanted to

ham and macaroni, made the same way as the rice above

after all the meat is eaten up, boil the ham bone for its stock and you can use it in future soups, stews, or for seasoning vegetables, rice, or pastas.

ETA: sorry! i didn't notice that you'd already tried the ham salad sandwiches. and i don't have nutritional info or serving sizes to offer. the ham package may offer the sodium content/etc., and you could use standard single serving recommendations if you are concerned about portion control. you can google samples of servings from numerous sites.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You gals are great, thanks! :cheers:
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Fried Rice.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • bluegrasscat82bluegrasscat82 Posts: 37Registered Users
    Lentils + ham. YUM.

Just cook the lentils according to the directions. Chop up the ham and add it to the boiling lentils 5-10 mins before they're done.

Healthy and very filling.
    3b mostly, with some 3a.
    Just now starting the CG method.. still deciding on products.
    Excited to embrace my curls!! :toothy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file