Salutations!

SaraEnchantedSaraEnchanted Posts: 10Registered Users
Hi, I'm from California - I'll be a college freshman this fall. I've always hated my hair, but maybe someday I'll love it.

I have 3B curls but years of straightening and dying it has severly damaged it. It used to be nice and long, down past my shoulders but it has all broken off to about shoulder-length. I've really like to grow it super long but it grows annoyingly slow. I tried no-poo in the past and hated it, it made my hair flat and tangly. I have intensely frizzy hair and I basically wash it every day just to reset it. But every morning I wake up to a beast that cannot be tamed!

I'm currently using all the Sunsilk De Frizz products, but I mix in Jojoba oil. My hair just can never seem to get enough moisture into it! Right now it's still not normal because it hasn't been curly all day in a while, my ringlets are pretty dead.

I'm moving this summer for college and unfortunately I'm used to almost no humidity and I'm moving closer to the ocean so I'm concerned about what is going to happen with my hair.
So this is my mission, to get healthy natural hair by summer, and keep it up so it can grow long. Any help and suggestions are certainly welcome!

Comments

• GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    Hello and welcome! You will get lots of tips here for getting your hair back in shape.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for joining us!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file