CurlTalk

LaBella curls gel- not sure about it ?

krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
Well, i just used it today for the first time. My hair is soft, but really not a whole heck of a lot of definition. i used about a tablespoon for my chin length hair. i also walked to work with a hood on (is spring ever gonna come to boston???:laughing7:), so that could have something to do with the lack of definition. Should I use more? I , of course, was hoping for spectacular results and didn't get them :sad8:
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• curlyclaudiacurlyclaudia Posts: 416Registered Users
    Krispy, I'm with you on this. I also tried it and had horrible frizz and stringy curls. The moment I started to scrunch it in, I knew it, it felt really drying on my hair. I was so hoping to be able to replace my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink] and pay only $2.95 for a huge bottle.
    3b, modified CG, short inverted bob living in Central Jersey
    Current faves: no poo, HE Hello Hydration, ck, Shea Moisture, Mixed Chicks
    PW colombia
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyclaudia%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    I tried this gel several times and have to say it just doesn't work for my hair. And Curlyclaudia I noticed the same thing you did when I applied the gel I felt it was drying on my hair too. I noticed very little definition and lots of frizz and that it was drying to my hair, also no hold or crunch at all.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    It's funny how everybody's hair reacts to things so differently. I use a LOT of this gel and my hair doesn't feel anywhere near as dry as it does with Angell or ArcAngell. I think you do have to use quite a bit to get any definition, though. I'm still experimenting with it, but so far I'm liking it. This morning I mixed a little leave-in with my first application and my hair is curling better than it did yesterday.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Are any of the other LaBella gels similar to the curls one?

I can't use products with menthol :angryfire: (notice the face is on fire in the smiley...a great pictorial of my rosacea on menthol) in them that stay in my hair because it flares my rosacea when my hair touches my face.

I have to admit that reading these posts makes me wonder if the menthol is drying out some curlies' hair too.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • CurlyVeeCurlyVee Posts: 340Registered Users
    I didnt buy the pink one (for curls) I bought the white one so I will let you all know over the weekend how it worked :sad8:

Most gels for "curls" that are sold in the drugstore doesnt work for me; must be my funky texture and curl mix. Thank goodness someone reccommended LA Looks or I'd be in big trouble...I'll keep you all posted !
    Hyper Sensitive to many things !!!
    2017 Routine: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Cond as co-wash; 365 Fragrance Free Shampoo; Aloe Vera Juice , Water and Apricot Seed Oil as leave in. :blob3:When all else fails, I run back to KCKT and KCCC :thumright: Shampoo weekly - co-wash every 2/3/4 days - just depends :compress:
  • HarleyCurlHarleyCurl Posts: 256Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    It's funny how everybody's hair reacts to things so differently. I use a LOT of this gel

I love this gel. You're right, it's funny how some peoples hair reacts differently to different things.

I do use a good bit on my hair when I use it. I use about a cupped hand(palm area only) and almost fill it about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
    For those of you who are losing curl -- or getting more elongated curl -- with the La Bella, do you think a curl enhancer underneath, i.e., [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], RR, etc., would help? Or is there not enough hold in this gel for such an idea? Opinions/thoughts?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myCeliamyCelia Posts: 195Registered Users
    Never could find the Lots of Curls gel so I tried LaBella's Super Spikes gel a couple of times.

The first time, I mixed with a bit of leave-in conditioner and it left my top canopy flat. Today I tried it on its own and the 'extreme hold' was nothing short of disappointing. On the upside, it did leave my hair soft and frizz-free, but I really need a product that holds much better than this one.
    What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
  • NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    What I'm reading through this is that 2's like it and 3's don't. Krispy is 2 - 3a; curlyclaudia is 3b; GettinControl is 3a-3b; misgiblet is a 2 - 3. Wondering if the higher the number - the more the product doesn't work? Any thoughts?
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnotty6" class="Popup

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • SpunGoldSpunGold Posts: 454Registered Users
    For those of you who are losing curl -- or getting more elongated curl -- with the La Bella, do you think a curl enhancer underneath, i.e., [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], RR, etc., would help? Or is there not enough hold in this gel for such an idea? Opinions/thoughts?

I'm still on the fence about this gel (getting good clumping and curl definition on the ends, but still dealing with surface frizz) - that said, I think magnesium sulfate would make the surface frizz worse, at least for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users
    shell78 wrote: »

I'm still on the fence about this gel (getting good clumping and curl definition on the ends, but still dealing with surface frizz) - that said, I think magnesium sulfate would make the surface frizz worse, at least for me.

Yes, I'm in agreement with you, shell78. The first time I used this gel, it was perfect. The second time I used it, I frizzed a lot and attributed it to the fog I walked through. I used probably twice as much today to see if that would offer more protection and it was a miserable failure: it frizzed me again *and* made me heavy.

Which is exactly what CK does to me. First day, great. Subsequent days, not so much. I have no choice but to assume it's the glycerin.

So, yeah, for those of us with magnesium sulfate "allergies," RR or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] would probably only exacerbate things. But I know where Msgiblet is going, in a way. It's like Lots of Curls needs something to work with it for some of us. Something that encourages curl and discourages frizz. I just fear that a curl creme (maybe white Boots or better yet, QCCC) is going to add weight. Nevertheless I might try that tomorrow....
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fjillipoo.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    krispy wrote: »
    Well, i just used it today for the first time. My hair is soft, but really not a whole heck of a lot of definition. i used about a tablespoon for my chin length hair. i also walked to work with a hood on (is spring ever gonna come to boston???:laughing7:), so that could have something to do with the lack of definition. Should I use more? I , of course, was hoping for spectacular results and didn't get them :sad8:

I'm experiencing the same thing: really soft hair, but not alot of definition. I tried it for 3 days, applying different ways & different amounts with no more success. I didn't get alot of frizz with this and my waves looked nice, but I still like more ringlets when I can get them. I dunno. I may try next time with putting a bit of Boots curl creme underneath or getting that Giovanni conditioner to go with it. Any excuse to buy a new product!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    jillipoo wrote: »

Yes, I'm in agreement with you, shell78. The first time I used this gel, it was perfect. The second time I used it, I frizzed a lot and attributed it to the fog I walked through. I used probably twice as much today to see if that would offer more protection and it was a miserable failure: it frizzed me again *and* made me heavy.

Which is exactly what CK does to me. First day, great. Subsequent days, not so much. I have no choice but to assume it's the glycerin.

So, yeah, for those of us with magnesium sulfate "allergies," RR or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] would probably only exacerbate things. But I know where Msgiblet is going, in a way. It's like Lots of Curls needs something to work with it for some of us. Something that encourages curl and discourages frizz. I just fear that a curl creme (maybe white Boots or better yet, QCCC) is going to add weight. Nevertheless I might try that tomorrow....
    I suspect my hair may not like glycerin, either.r
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Anybody getting an itchy head with this stuff? I was ready to scratch the scalp right off my head by the time I got home from work last night. Don't know if it's something in the gel, the leave-in I don't normally use or if I had some build up or something so thought I'd check in with the rest of you before I toss it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Anybody getting an itchy head with this stuff?

I did... BAD. I thought I was nuts, but it drove me crazy until I washed it out.

I havent had any luck with this gel at all. I've tried several ways of application and no luck at all.
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,409Registered Users Curl Novice
    It did not irritate my scalp after using it four days in a row.

This gel did not work for me either. It just didn't do much of anything -- no curl boosting, no hold, no definition, no shine. I intended to get rid of it, maybe give it to my curly niece but the PJ in me keeps telling me to hang on to it, give it another try. :tongue5:
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Yeah it makes me itch too. My scalp is sensitive so I assumed it was just me.
    Man my hair is dry after using this several days in a row!
    Now it's dry here so maybe that's it.

I did use suave #8 today after using a heavier rinse out and my SheaM and my hair is still a bit dry so I can't tell if it's recovering or just dry and nothing to do with the gel.

Ah the experimenting goes on. Now to oil down my hair so it looks like hair and not a wig lol

Added: I forgot to say, I do like the huge clumping I get but my hair is heavy so it can't curl up as nicely if I get those huge clumps. For those that like that though it gives huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge clumps and big volume.
    Now volume I like :)
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    No, I have no scalp itching but my hair does look dry. I have tried this three days now and I am convinced that the glycerin in it is too much for my hair. I can use it for one day and then I have to stop because my hair will OD on glycerin. (Symptoms of OD: frizz, lack of definition)

I will say that it only weighed my hair down when I used twice as much as I normally would of any gel. Otherwise, though, hair was light, which was nice.

Today I am completely glycerin-free to give my hair a break and to see how it behaves/recovers.
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

No, I have no scalp itching but my hair does look dry. I have tried this three days now and I am convinced that the glycerin in it is too much for my hair. I can use it for one day and then I have to stop because my hair will OD on glycerin. (Symptoms of OD: frizz, lack of definition)

I will say that it only weighed my hair down when I used twice as much as I normally would of any gel. Otherwise, though, hair was light, which was nice.

Today I am completely glycerin-free to give my hair a break and to see how it behaves/recovers.

I'm not sure it's the glycerin making my hair feel dry because my Mop Top & Fuzzy Duck have glycerin and my hair never feels dry with those -- I think the glycerin being so high up on the ingredients list is what's pulling, elongating and overall giving me less curl, though. I think all the oils in this gel or what's making my hair feel dry -- weird, I know, but some oils seem to do this to me. Could be the menthol making me itch, maybe. In a nutshell, I don't have a clue. I'm going to give it 1-2 more tries and then into the trash it goes! Glad it was so cheap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair doesn't like alot of glycerine either. That's why I can't use gel that has the word "Curl" in the name. Too much glycerine. Makes my hair limp and producty and frizzy and flat.
    One of these day I want to try the Labella Sport gel tho! I need to find a replacement in case *gasp!* they ever decide to discontinue LA Looks Sport gel.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    My hair doesn't like alot of glycerine either. That's why I can't use gel that has the word "Curl" in the name. Too much glycerine. Makes my hair limp and producty and frizzy and flat.
    One of these day I want to try the Labella Sport gel tho! I need to find a replacement in case *gasp!* they ever decide to discontinue LA Looks Sport gel.

You know, now that you mention it, it seems that almost every product I use that is made specifically for curly hair gives me some of the worst hair days. I've never tried the LA Looks Sport gel because I figured it would dry like cement - think BRHG -- maybe I should give it a shot. At least if it doesn't work, it's another cheap one I can trash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I should have been clearer about the glycerin observation. I think the fact that it is such a large proportion of the ingredients in this gel is what's doing it to me. My hair has a similar reaction to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and since the only commonality between the products is the high proportion of glycerin, I'm going to accuse it of causing my problems.

The oils are an interesting aspect of this gel because despite the coconut oil, it doesn't feel heavy. I don't get it. :confused:

I knew you'd get me, jillipoo! :toothy7: Yes, my thinking was that this gel pulls out all the curl and maybe a curl enhancer underneath would perk it up, but you're right -- it would probably add not only too much weight, but possibly a lot of frizzing, too. I'm afraid this gel is gonna be on its way to the dump soon. :sad8:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I should have been clearer about the glycerin observation. I think the fact that it is such a large proportion of the ingredients in this gel is what's doing it to me. My hair has a similar reaction to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and since the only commonality between the products is the high proportion of glycerin, I'm going to accuse it of causing my problems.

The oils are an interesting aspect of this gel because despite the coconut oil, it doesn't feel heavy. I don't get it. :confused:

Yeah, I don't understand why some oils make my hair feel so dry -- I think the word "oil" and I think of grease, moisture, etc., etc. Evidently, I understand NOTHING about oils. I have no luck with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink], either. It doesn't make my hair feel dry, though -- just limp and greasy sometimes. I think it's the glycerin that makes my hair limp. I didn't see any oils in the CK, so maybe that's why I don't feel dry. And the only thing I can think of with the Mop Top & Fuzzy Duck is that the glycerin is down near the bottom of the ingredients (I think), so maybe there's not that much to do so much damage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm baffled by this gel. Last night my surface frizz was driving me nuts, so I combed out my 2nd day hair. I'm definitely not experiencing dryness - it combed through easily almost like my hair had conditioner in it. The ends of my hair seem shiny and happy. I didn't use a leave-in under this gel, so it's definitely the oils that are keeping the ends so happy.

I want to try this gel again today and see if I can't correct the surface frizz problem. I was thinking about trying my CK alternative (EasyStraight Flat Iron Finish) on the top / canopy to prevent the surface frizz, but if glycerin is the culprit, that will only make it worse. So I'm thinking maybe I should try it with a leave-in again. Or is my surface frizz because my roots have too much moisture and they're a little overconditioned? Maybe the gel only wants to be scrunched and not raked?

See what I mean? Completely baffled. Anybody got any ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

finally at waist length!
    Okay, based on this thread: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.longhaircommunity.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D569" class="Popup

Here's what I'm going to try:
    1. No leave-in again
    2. Rake FOTE Aloe Vera Gel through, esp on top & canopy
    3. Scrunch in LaBella Curls gel
    4. Clip up and air dry
    Here's hoping it works! :alien:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

finally at waist length!

Yeah, I don't understand why some oils make my hair feel so dry -- I think the word "oil" and I think of grease, moisture, etc., etc. Evidently, I understand NOTHING about oils. I have no luck with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink], either. It doesn't make my hair feel dry, though -- just limp and greasy sometimes. I think it's the glycerin that makes my hair limp. I didn't see any oils in the CK, so maybe that's why I don't feel dry. And the only thing I can think of with the Mop Top & Fuzzy Duck is that the glycerin is down near the bottom of the ingredients (I think), so maybe there's not that much to do so much damage.

Oh, and get this. I was going to try using QCCC under this gel, thinking that might give it the balance it needed. But whoa! The second ingredient in QCCC is glycerin! I am now starting to understand why I get frizz with that curl creme (and yet, also ringlets....)

I understand nothing about oils, either. I was crawling around the Jessicurl site last night to see if she offered any guidance on how to use her oils, but little information was offered. I'm starting to feel like it's a secret club and only the members get to know the magical properties (and application) of oil!

What I do know is that glycerin in large quantities is a no-no for me. Now I gotta figure out oils.

(Today I poo'd with Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Creme to get that LaBella residue out of my hair, followed it with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink], a little white Boots, and Max Green Alchemy gel -- not a speck of glycerin anywhere among the group. I just crunched out my hair. I am happy and so is my hair.)

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    Ok, I am getting confused... how do you know if you can/can't use magnesium stearate (Epsoms salts) on your hair? how do you know if you can/can't use glycerin on your hair? What is the deal with glycerin anyway?
    How do you know if you can/can't use oils on your hair? How do you know if you are protein sensitive? What are the symptoms?

I am curious. I have been using the Jessicurl stuff and I don't know if it works or not. I have wavy to curly hair...but mostly wavy. I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] one day...and it was fluffier than normal, but not curlier. No product that I have used thus far has seemed to make a difference to my hair. The Angell did nothing for my hair. I feel like I got better results from the JC stuff. I guess I just haven't found my hair HG.... but then, has anyone?
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhopetocurl%2F" class="Popup
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • HarleyCurlHarleyCurl Posts: 256Registered Users
    No itchies here. Jilli, I hope you get it figured out. I was hoping that you had found your HG! I am wondering if it's working for me a little better because I am actually shampooing too and not just doing the cowashing? I will have to admit that for my hair it definitely worked better with the Jonathon product vs the AOHR products.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Okay, based on this thread: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.longhaircommunity.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D569" class="Popup

Here's what I'm going to try:
    1. No leave-in again
    2. Rake FOTE Aloe Vera Gel through, esp on top & canopy
    3. Scrunch in LaBella Curls gel
    4. Clip up and air dry
    Here's hoping it works! :alien:

I did this today...worked well. I think my hair likes glycerin (I have very good luck with CK up until about a month ago). This was after a cowash with some watered down moisture maniac and I conditioned with Salon Selectives. I used some La Coupe refreshing spray to scrunch with when dry. Yesterday I had the same routine except I used Sebastion's Laminates Curl Gel. I think my hair was a bit better yesterday but I didnt use the aloe yesterday. So I will try again tomorrow with the Sebastion gel with the aloe for a fair comparison.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~