going to camp!

rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
Hi,I'm a 2c and I've been doing the CG method for about two and a half weeks and my hair has turned really great and a whole lot curlier.
The problem is I'm going to go to camp this summer and they only let you take like a 5 min. shower at night! With my new CG routine, every morning I take a 15 min. shower with 25 min. of gelling,scrunching,
plopping etc. or else my hair turns out a frizzy mess!:(

2b/c (the sides and back)/3a (from the ears forward :laughing7:)

pw- wavygirl

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    What if you just plop overnight? Maybe apply your gel first thing in the morning. Try it before you go though.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since it's camp, nobody will have much time to spend on their appearance. You may need to keep your hair in a ponytail, braid, headband, clips, etc. Experiment now to see if you can cut your routine down to a bare minimum. Maybe try for 2nd day hair at least.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
    hopetocurl wrote: »
    What if you just plop overnight? Maybe apply your gel first thing in the morning. Try it before you go though.

Thanks ,but I've found that plopping overnight makes my hair too frizzy in the morning.

pw- wavygirl
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Make yourself some refresher. Buy a 10 oz spray bottle and put 2 TBS conditioner (cone free or it will clog), 1 Tbs Epsom Salt, and a few drops of scented essential oils you like. Then fill the bottle with WARM water and shake to dissolve. If you need to wash at night go ahead, but then use the spray bottle to "reset" your curls in the morning! If you have time to try out my recipe and a few others, you will find one that works for you better than others.

I have gone camping very successfully that way in 100* Alabama heat and humidity. It is actually the best hair I ever have! LOL!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
    Make yourself some refresher. Buy a 10 oz spray bottle and put 2 TBS conditioner (cone free or it will clog), 1 Tbs Epsom Salt, and a few drops of scented essential oils you like. Then fill the bottle with WARM water and shake to dissolve. If you need to wash at night go ahead, but then use the spray bottle to "reset" your curls in the morning! If you have time to try out my recipe and a few others, you will find one that works for you better than others.

I have gone camping very successfully that way in 100* Alabama heat and humidity. It is actually the best hair I ever have! LOL!

Thank you very much! I will definitely try it!

pw- wavygirl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file