A couple of skincare questions

HarleyCurlHarleyCurl Posts: 256Registered Users
My order from PSF shipped today. I'm so excited to get it.

Reading through the threads here, I am now seeing that the Castile cleanser could be too drying for me.
  • My skin used to be oily but is a little more on the dry side(hormones or lack of..). The green tea milk one - is this ok for someone that has acne? I do.
  • Retin A - When I use it at night, I would definitely need to use soap to remove it the next morning instead of just doing a morning rinse,right? That's how I do it now(morning wash) Also, is the retin a applied after everything else right before bed or do I need to put it on and then the HA/jojoba mix?
  • DMAE gel - I've read some pretty bad stuff about DMAE. What's your take on it? I didn't order any of that due to what I had read.

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    HarleyCurl wrote: »
    • DMAE gel - I've read some pretty bad stuff about DMAE. What's your take on it? I didn't order any of that due to what I had read.

What have you read about DMAE?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I use the Green Tea Milk. I haven't noticed an increase in break-outs while using it. I prefer it to the Gentle Castile since I am on the dry side.

Did you buy a sample of the GTM?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My order from PSF shipped today. I'm so excited to get it.

Reading through the threads here, I am now seeing that the Castile cleanser could be too drying for me.
    • My skin used to be oily but is a little more on the dry side(hormones or lack of..). The green tea milk one - is this ok for someone that has acne? I do.
    • Retin A - When I use it at night, I would definitely need to use soap to remove it the next morning instead of just doing a morning rinse,right? That's how I do it now(morning wash) Also, is the retin a applied after everything else right before bed or do I need to put it on and then the HA/jojoba mix?

The PSF castile might be drying if you're dry to begin with. The dryer-yet-still-acne-prone folks seem to prefer the Green Tea cleanser.

I wash with cleanser morning and night. I feel like I need a cleanser to get off my night-time actives. You would apply Retin-A after acids. You can apply HA/emu over top if needed for moisture.

I happen to ADORE DMAE. It's a skin firmer. It doesn't reduce wrinkles, it just firms skin. It's really a unique product. It is very drying though, and not everyone can use it.
  • HarleyCurlHarleyCurl Posts: 256Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »

I did a quick search and just found this one. I'd ran across it earlier. http://seniorjournal.com:80/NEWS/Alerts/2007/7-04-11-Anti-Wrinkle.htm

I found some more things but I didn't save them. Do a search and you can find more.
    I use the Green Tea Milk. I haven't noticed an increase in break-outs while using it. I prefer it to the Gentle Castile since I am on the dry side.

Did you buy a sample of the GTM?

No, I didn't buy a sample of that. I may later.

The PSF castile might be drying if you're dry to begin with. The dryer-yet-still-acne-prone folks seem to prefer the Green Tea cleanser.

Shoot! I wish I had known that! I will try it and see what happens.
  • ChrysovyiChrysovyi Posts: 110Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I did a quick search and just found this one. I'd ran across it earlier. http://seniorjournal.com:80/NEWS/Alerts/2007/7-04-11-Anti-Wrinkle.htm

I found some more things but I didn't save them. Do a search and you can find more.

I came across that too, and a few other references to the research. There's an answer by Dr Pickart on the Skin Biology forum, and quite a few of the other skin forums have been discussing it. Some of the replies are too technical for me though.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/4470077615

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file