Oh shoot, challenge to the routine - SOS!

wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
Good news: I'm going to the beach with a couple of friends tomorrow (or today...I should sleep soon). Yay beach!

Bad news: There is no way I can go on the beach in full sun (yup, we're going in the afternoon) without sunscreen, especially since we'll definitely spend tons of time in the water. I'll be using whatever sunscreen I find around the house or in the kind hands of one of my friends, so I won't come home lobster-fied.

So I've just started the PSF routine and now a who-knows-what-ingredients curveball's been thrown into the mix. I know it's bound to have plenty of pore-clogging mineral oil, silicones, etc. Will I need to revert to my old cleanser for a night to remove it, then start back up with the GCC afterward?

I'm not sure if skin sheds quickly enough to make much difference in this, and I'd hate to get this nasty stuff clinging to my facial brush.

Thanks in advance for the input! :)
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good news: I'm going to the beach with a couple of friends tomorrow (or today...I should sleep soon). Yay beach!

Bad news: There is no way I can go on the beach in full sun (yup, we're going in the afternoon) without sunscreen, especially since we'll definitely spend tons of time in the water. I'll be using whatever sunscreen I find around the house or in the kind hands of one of my friends, so I won't come home lobster-fied.

So I've just started the PSF routine and now a who-knows-what-ingredients curveball's been thrown into the mix. I know it's bound to have plenty of pore-clogging mineral oil, silicones, etc. Will I need to revert to my old cleanser for a night to remove it, then start back up with the GCC afterward?

I'm not sure if skin sheds quickly enough to make much difference in this, and I'd hate to get this nasty stuff clinging to my facial brush.

Thanks in advance for the input! :)

Definitely a day where you need sunscreen. Even I will resort to sunscreen for beach days. I wash it off immediately when I get home though. I wash twice with just my hands or a washcloth first, so that I don't get that junk on my Clarisonic brush.

Apply your sunscreen often while you're out in the sun, and apply HEAVY.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Thank you so much, RCW. I don't know how you manage to be so attentive to all our questions! Now I know just how to keep those junky filler ingredients off my brush. :)

And man, with all the sun and reflective water on the beach, I definitely need to slather on the sunscreen!:laughing7: I learned that the hard way on a girl scout beach camping trip when I was like 13...not pretty.:thumbdown::wink:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file