3b curls.....bob cut???

curlyarmocurlyarmo Posts: 65Registered Users
hey guys, I've gotten soooo bored of my hair its shoulder length and layered, and veryyy thick I straighten it almost all the time, but I'm thinking of going short like katie holmes bob style, do you think this will look nice on 3b curly hair???

thick, 3b curls

Comments

• southerngirlcurlssoutherngirlcurls Posts: 10Registered Users
    I personaly like longer hair and I think a bob would be really hard to control with 3B hair. my mum has wavy with just a little curl and she got it cut in bob and she hated it! if she didn't spend alotta time working on it then it poofed out and looked silly. It really just depends on what you like and how long your willing to spend on your hair. Do you have and curly friends with short hair? if so ask them the pros and cons of it. I've haven't worn my hair short since I was 7 so I really do have much personal advice to share.
    Type 3A
    Natually redhair and proud of it:angel12:
    Still looking for the right product
  • VampireCh1ckVampireCh1ck Posts: 1Registered Users
    i have a just got a bob, for the 2nd time and my hair is 3b. i really like it, this time my hair is lot less poofy then the first time i got it done. i think it depends alot on the person cuts your hair. i like the curly bob
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    go for it, mines a little longer than what i think you want, but i love it. check this out, and the posts that follow, she has good advise: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-did-it-introducing-my-curly-bob.html

also look at the bobs thread in the general discussion
  • addieRoseaddieRose Posts: 2Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »
    go for it, mines a little longer than what i think you want, but i love it. check this out, and the posts that follow, she has good advise: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-did-it-introducing-my-curly-bob.html

also look at the bobs thread in the general discussion
    can you still pull your hair back in a ponytail?
  • carlyisapiratecarlyisapirate Posts: 59Registered Users
    I have about 3b curls too. A few years ago, I got it cut just under my jawbone. It was unbelievably hard to control. The curls absolutely go crazy! A bad thing too is that it's almost impossible to put up. And it takes forever to grow out. I wouldn't recommend it. But if you feel like you'd be comfortable and happy with a bob. Then go for it! It's how YOU feel that matters most.
  • Dixie_BelleDixie_Belle Posts: 8Registered Users
    A bob can be a great match for a 3b hair texture, but as everyone else has already said, it depends on how comfortable you feel with having hair that length and what your face shape is. I had an inverted bob (hair shorter in the back than in the front), and it was ridiculously easy to style, fast to dry, and fit my face shape nicely. Shorter hair is less versatile in how it can be worn, but with a few bobby pins it's possible to create a new style. Good luck on your search for a new cut!
  • madismonstermansionmadismonstermansion Posts: 11Registered Users
    I've had a bob before and kind of have a bob thing going on now. I definitely recommend it!
  • CurlyGirl06CurlyGirl06 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have 3b/3c hair and I recently got it cut to about the length you want. I LOVE my new hair. It's so much easier to maintain, and I'd definitely recommend it.
    The one drawback, as someone mentioned already, is that you can't really wear it in too many ways.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file