What happened to all of the Oyin products?

DulceDulce Registered Users Posts: 24
I noticed the Shine + Define wasn't listed on the site last week, but now almost everything is gone except the Grand Poo Bar, Juices + Berries, and Honey Wash.

What happened? :(

Also, I placed an order on 3.15.08 that was $25 pre-tax and shipping and I didn't receive the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Curl-Reform-p-848.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curlisto-Systems-Curl-Reform]Curl Reform[/buylink] sample. :( It's not a big deal, but I was a little disappointed.

Comments

• misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    Hi Dulce,

When I received my curl mart order yesterday it was missing the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink]. A note on the packing slip stated that they are out and will ship when it comes in. I quickly called customer service and they informed me curt mart is having problems getting their shipments from Oyin as well, thus the low inventory at curl mart. Apparently the very small company is whipping that stuff out as fast as they can but are backlogged due to high demand. Little consolation, I know. I am trying to be patient cuz I really want to try the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink]. :sad8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    Oh no, I hope they get restocked soon. I have fallen in love with the Honey&Hemp conditioner !!!

Thanks for posting your reply misspam ... I was afraid that they weren't going to be carrying Oyin at Curlmart anymore.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Hey everyone,

Oyin is indeed having some supply issues. Unfortunately, we don't expect to have more stock from them until May.

Please accept our deepest apologies.

In terms of us forgetting freebies, please send an email to [email protected], and she'll see what's going on!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • DulceDulce Registered Users Posts: 24
    misspam: I think I grabbed one of the last Greg Juices. My order was shipped a few days before yours. :( I only bought the GJ because Juices + Berries was out of stock at the time. :(

Gretchen: Thank you for letting us know. I'm not surprised Oyin has so many orders to fill. :)
    Hey there Dulce! No hard feelings. I'll just have to be quicker next time. :tongue5:

So, have you tried both the Juices & Berries and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink]? I am curious how you like them. Also, are they essentially the same product, just different scents? Curl Mart lists ingredients for only the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] so I am unable to make a comparison. On Oyin's website, they do not list ingredients either, but one is lead to believe the only difference is the scent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hi misspam,

I haven't tried the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] yet (still have to finish up my current bottle of Juices + Berries), but the ingredients on both bottles are identical except for the ones used for the scent.

GJ ingredients: purified water infused with horsetail, lavender, nettle, roses, and chamomile; organic flaxseeds; aloe vera juice; vegetable glycerine; essences of lavender, sweet orange, and ylang ylang; grapefruit seed extract; citric acid

J+B ingredients are exactly the same except it has "fragrance" listed--GJ does not.
    Hi Dulce

Thanks so much for the reply. Yup, they seem like the same thing. I wish I could get my hands on either one of them!! The nice folks at Curl Mart promised they would get back to me by next week, so in the meantime I will be a good girl and wait verrry patiently. :angel7:

Thanks again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • funkediscofunkedisco Registered Users Posts: 130
    This might also shed some light on the Oyin shortage. The business is growing Congrats to them!

Mini-companies that offer black women alternative ethnic hair products emerging

By Dionne Walker | ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Saturday, March 08, 2008
    Story last updated at 3/8/2008 - 1:31 am
    BALTIMORE - Hunched over folding tables in their Baltimore basement, Pierre and Jamyla Bennu put the "hand" in Oyin Handmade, meticulously squeezing droplets of oil into amber-colored bottles of "Juices and Berries" hair tonic.
    They spend up to 18 hours a day concocting products aimed largely at black women who've abandoned hair straighteners for their natural locks - fragile coils easily dried by many store products.

Blacks have long bristled at figures showing the billion-dollar black hair care products market led by white firms.
    But as black women, frustrated with chemical damage, reconsider straightening their hair, black-owned mini-companies like Oyin have emerged as go-to sources of organic products, capitalizing on their firsthand knowledge of ethnic hair to return the market to its roots.
    "There's an empowerment aspect," explained Jamyla Bennu, who started out making products for her own "natural," or chemically untreated, hair.
    Oyin's products average $10 and rely on shea butter, honey and other cupboard ingredients. The Bennus ship more than 100 orders weekly, each averaging $40.
    "I used to go to the post office once or twice a week on my bicycle," she said. "(Now) three or four times a week, the post office picks up five or eight bins of packages from us."
    Krika Bradsher began her business, My Honey Child, after years styling natural hair in her Raleigh, N.C. salon.
    "I found out using a lot of commercial products, that they weren't really designed for our hair ... We don't have any say so in designing them," said Bradsher, who earns $3,000 a month selling products like soy moisturizers.
    The brands are relatively small, marketed largely through black-aimed Web sites, salons and festivals like Atlanta's annual World Natural Hair, Health & Beauty Show.
    2a-3a
    Modified CG
    Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)
    funkedisco - Hey, thanks for posting the info on Oyin Handmade. That does explain a lot. Good for them! :occasion9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    funkedisco, is that the forbes.com article? If so, yep--I thought of that, too regarding the shortage! :toothy7:
  • funkediscofunkedisco Registered Users Posts: 130
    I found it while looking for juices and berry. It came up in a Google search...I don't know if it was Forbes though.
    2a-3a
    Modified CG
    Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)
  • meriellynmeriellyn Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    Darn darn darn! I finally scraped enough together to re-up on my Jessicurl and Oyin conditioners and I can't get the Honey Hemp now? *is distraught*

I was really hoping to get everything at once and save on shipping. Plus I'm desperately out of HH.

I wish I would have been able to order sooner. Been trying to save some money and use up some of my other conditioners but my hair is less than pleased with my fiscally responsible decision. :P And if the hair ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Lol. ;)

Any idea what part of May you'll be getting the shippment in?
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • Mo_Gemini22Mo_Gemini22 Registered Users Posts: 485
    I placed an order for a sample back directly through Oyin's website on 3/22. I received an email yesterday that it was on the way!
    Last relaxer - July 07
    BC - 8/2/08
    4B headband-holic
    Products in rotation (too many!):
    Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
    Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
    Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
    Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
    Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
    Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
  • exoticcurlsexoticcurls Registered Users Posts: 1
    what is the turn around for Oyin burnt pomade & whipped butter?
  • ldiva67ldiva67 Registered Users Posts: 41
    the turn around on shipping is about 10 days but that is if you order from them
    3c/4a (changes as it grows)

Photos
    http://public.fotki.com/ldiva67/

Routine
    co-wash (once a week)
    curl junkie (smoothing lotion) Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
    Oyin sugar berry pomade to seal

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file