has anyone had hemorrhoid surgery?

CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
I had a colonoscopy done right before my 40th birthday.They said there was no polyps and no cancer which I was glad.However,I do have two internal hemorrhoids,an anal fissure and an outside hemorrhoid,so I'm in ALOT of pain.I'm supposed to see the surgeon next week,wish I could see him now.I want to know if anyone's had the surgery and dealt with paiful hemorrhoids and what did you take for them? I'm desparate right now.
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Caleilani wrote: »
    I had a colonoscopy done right before my 40th birthday.They said there was no polyps and no cancer which I was glad.However,I do have two internal hemorrhoids,an anal fissure and an outside hemorrhoid,so I'm in ALOT of pain.I'm supposed to see the surgeon next week,wish I could see him now.I want to know if anyone's had the surgery and dealt with paiful hemorrhoids and what did you take for them? I'm desparate right now.

My mil has had fissures and surgery to remove hemorrhoids. She said it was very uncomfortable and hurt but now she's healed and feels so much better.

Good luck,
    Speckla
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't, but I may have to one day (pffft...4 kids, I could hardly avoid the "Human Condition"). People that I know who have had 'roid surgery are generally happier afterwards. They do marvelous things with rubber bands these days.

I can't let an opportunity like this pass without repeating the old saying:

There are 2 kinds of people in this world:
    Those with piles
    Those that are going to get piles
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    Thanks for posting ladies.Speckla,what did your MIL say about the recovery period? RedCatWaves,yeah,you better get it done.I like that saying you wrote.Rubber bands,hmmm?I want to be one of those happy people after surgery,because the Pain is Immense right now.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It was very uncomfortable and hurt when she had to have a bm but now (a few years later) she's very glad she had it.

Speckla
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    Thanks Speckla.I guess I'll have to roll with the recovery process.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file