New here...

spoiltmomspoiltmom Registered Users Posts: 35
I'm new here with shoulder length, highlighted, 2A hair.

What can I use to get definition to my curls and kill the frizz without making my hair crunchy and hard??

Thanks Everyone!
AManda
Type 2B hair

Comments

• InfraredheadInfraredhead Registered Users Posts: 335
    Welcome! I live in a humid area and suggest using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted mousse, FX Curl Booster Gel, or Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee. The HE mousse sometimes gives me crunch but I easily scrunch it out.

Many people use a leave in before applying their product, but I have found that many times this kills my waves because it is too heavy. I prefer to use a conditioner that is moisturizing instead of a separate product. My current conditioner rotation list includes V05 Tea Therapy Calming Chamomile, Back to Basics Peach Pomegranite, Tigi Moisture Maniac, and the generic version of Paul Mitchell ,The Detangler sold at Sally Beauty Supply. You could also check out the general discussion forum for more tips and product reviews.
    Mod CG since April of 2007.
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Registered Users Posts: 300
    The best advice I ever got on here was to use your products BEFORE you even towel your hair. I have my gel in the shower. If you put it on wet hair it really keeps it from getting crunchy. Also I have found that mousse works better for a lighter hold - at least with my Aussie products. Hope that helps! :wink:
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file