another skincare question....

frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am wondering how to apply the SA.... I have been perusing the previous posts and it seems folks use their fingers.... is that the best way?

I am also wondering about sunscreen. I have very sun sensitive skin and living in CO, I get sunburned while wearing sunscreen when I drive! So with all this great care, I don't want to sabotage it by using "bad" sunscreen. So what are the recommendations for sunscreen?

I've only used my PSF products three times, but I am so excited!! :)
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats

Comments

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    frxncrls wrote: »
    I am wondering how to apply the SA.... I have been perusing the previous posts and it seems folks use their fingers.... is that the best way?

I am also wondering about sunscreen. I have very sun sensitive skin and living in CO, I get sunburned while wearing sunscreen when I drive! So with all this great care, I don't want to sabotage it by using "bad" sunscreen. So what are the recommendations for sunscreen?

I've only used my PSF products three times, but I am so excited!! :)

I squirt some into the palm of my hand and pat it on with my fingertips.

As far as sunscreen, I use mineral make that acts as a sunscreen.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I apply my psf SA like windflower. Gets it right where I want it and I don't feel like I am wasting a drop.

As far as the sunscreen goes, I have always had a love/hate relationship with it. I love protecting my face from the damaging rays of the sun, not to mention the time and expense (Obagi) of fading previous hyper-pigmentation. I hate it because even at the age of 45, I still have oily skin and would feel like an oil slick by the end of the day! Currently I am using a new sunscreen by Prescriptives called All-Weather Friend. It is spf 40, feels lovely and light going on, I haven't had any breakouts and even by the end of the day my skin is still matte. It is a little pricey for the 1 oz. container but I am loving it so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Windflower,

The sunscreen from PSF - do you like it? I just checked what I paid for the Prescriptives one I like and YIKES! It's only a 1 oz. bottle and before I need to restock, I would be curious to have your opinion on the PSF one. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Windflower,

Okay, the Prescriptives sunscreen is $26.50 for 1 ounce versus the PSF at $16.00 for 2 ounces - anyway you slice it, the PSF is a way better deal. Darn it all!!! :angry1:

I bought the Prescriptives a few weeks ago when I was buying some lipstick (always on the prowl for the perfect shade). When I sampled the sunscreen, I was sold because it literally disappears on your skin and feels weightless and leaves a silky finish. It is a fabulous product but when I need to replace it I will definitely give the PSF one a try. I looked up the ingredients and it all looks good.

If you feel like splurging, I would highly recommend giving the Prescriptives one a try. You know you can always return it if you don't like it. Expensive or not, I think it is a great product.

Thanks so much for responding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »
    misspam wrote: »
    Windflower,

I bought the Prescriptives a few weeks ago when I was buying some lipstick (always on the prowl for the perfect shade). When I sampled the sunscreen, I was sold because it literally disappears on your skin and feels weightless and leaves a silky finish.

Your description is also good for the PSF sunscreen so, I will borrow it...:tongue5: The PSF also disappears and feels weightless and no scent.

I do have a sample of the sunscreen but I have not yet tried it (waiting for a really sunny day with a drive to truly test it on my skin :)). But my sense is I will like it since I like the other products.

(misspam - I am always seeking the perfect shade of lipstick as well, especially since Laura Mercier discontinued my favorite shade of gloss!)
    CG since 2005
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
    frxcrls,
    how does the laura mercier gloss feel? any taste or scent? staying power?
    frxncrls wrote: »
    misspam wrote: »
    Windflower,

I bought the Prescriptives a few weeks ago when I was buying some lipstick (always on the prowl for the perfect shade). When I sampled the sunscreen, I was sold because it literally disappears on your skin and feels weightless and leaves a silky finish.

Your description is also good for the PSF sunscreen so, I will borrow it...:tongue5: The PSF also disappears and feels weightless and no scent.

I do have a sample of the sunscreen but I have not yet tried it (waiting for a really sunny day with a drive to truly test it on my skin :)). But my sense is I will like it since I like the other products.

(misspam - I am always seeking the perfect shade of lipstick as well, especially since Laura Mercier discontinued my favorite shade of gloss!)

ohhh - I know what you mean. Just when you have found the perfect shade, the geniuses have to go and mess everything up :evil1:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    frxcrls,
    how does the laura mercier gloss feel? any taste or scent? staying power?

I like the Laura glosses, but I used to get them as gifts as my friend is a makeup artist and works for LM. From my perspective, they don't have any taste ... As for staying power... I am probably not best to compare as I have not used too many to know a difference but I would think they are comparible to most department store brand.... I am always in search of the perfect shade ever since they discontinued that one. It's so frustrating! Ugh.
    CG since 2005
    I just tried the sample of the Castile cleanser and my skin reacted.... I don't know how to describe it.... burning maybe....

Is that "normal?"

I like the feel of my skin a half hour or so after, but it did not feel good at first.

Should I stick with the Green Tea Cleansing Milk or is that reaction okay?!?
    CG since 2005
    how much did you use?
    just a drop.... a little goes a long way.... :)

so I guess it's not a typical reaction. I am going to try it one more time and see how it feels....
    CG since 2005
    I just used the Castile again and my skin did not react the same way. It feels fine. Dry, but fine. Weird.
    CG since 2005
    that is good news...perhaps your skin had to adjust?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file