revelation...

madmb20madmb20 Posts: 117Registered Users
the other day i made trek to whole foods so i could get AO honeysuckle rose conditioner. since i couldnt wait 2 use it, i jumped in the shower when i got home, water-washed and conditioned. afterwards i finger combed and let my hair air dry, sans products. hours later i had beautiful soft curls over my entire head.

so, is my quest for the perfect mousse/gel/curl creme just for naught? my hair seems 2 like being left alone, soaking wet, 2 dry on its own. i try every combination of every product i have every day; diffuse upside down, right-side up, sideways, in different rooms, clipping, plopping...and the only thing that gets my hair 2 curl really well is by leaving it alone.

a revelation, of sorts. (although i don't think any amount of good hair days will make me less of a PJ!) :toothy7:
2A/B
still working on it
:wink:

Comments

• KatiecurlKatiecurl Posts: 236Registered Users
    Wow, really?? That's awesome news!

We have the same hair type and length... I am going to try it, too.

Recently another wavy said she stopped using products as well... I'm gonna see if it works for me, too!
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
    Okay, so I did it... water washed and used AOHR. I did plop for about 10 minutes... I can't stand to have my hair soaking wet and dripping down my back (even after blotting the ends over and over it still drips.) Anyway after finger combing, my hair dried (quicker than usual, I must say) and the results were the same as yours... beautiful, shiny, soft and bouncy curls!!! :blob7:

Do you think this can happen again?? Because it never does, you know (hence the life of a wavy, lol!)
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    WOW!! You guys are so lucky. I figured this conditioner would be too heavy for me, but now I might have to get some and try this out.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madmb20madmb20 Posts: 117Registered Users
    Katiecurl wrote: »
    Okay, so I did it... water washed and used AOHR. I did plop for about 10 minutes... I can't stand to have my hair soaking wet and dripping down my back (even after blotting the ends over and over it still drips.) Anyway after finger combing, my hair dried (quicker than usual, I must say) and the results were the same as yours... beautiful, shiny, soft and bouncy curls!!! :blob7:

Do you think this can happen again?? Because it never does, you know (hence the life of a wavy, lol!)

that is great news! i tried the same thing the next day, only i co-washed with cheapo conditioner and i still had nice curls but it was VERY flat. had 2 work 2day so i buckled and used recoil and diffused upside down. had a little crunch but i'm still loving the curl and softness. i think i'll try the plopping & no product 2mor, 2 try and speed up the drying.

i think i've come to the conclusion that the same great hair day cannot happen twice in a row, with the same routine. ever. i think we have 2 mix it up a bit & fool our hair into a good day!
    2A/B
    still working on it
  • myCeliamyCelia Posts: 195Registered Users
    madmb20 wrote: »

that is great news! i tried the same thing the next day, only i co-washed with cheapo conditioner and i still had nice curls but it was VERY flat.

This is very interesting. Finding the right styling product is driving me nuts. Maybe sans product days work best when you water-wash. If you do this again on a water-wash day and it works, do tell!
    What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
    http://public.fotki.com/myCelia111/
    2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
    THANK YOU, Madmb!! I did it again today... actually used shampoo (Alba) w/conditioner on ends, and then used the AOHR. Plopped for ten minutes with no product, and I even had a couple of ringlets after it dried. I am so, so happy!!!!! If this is all I have to do from now on, I am going to be so pumped....
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • enelyaenelya Posts: 69Registered Users
    wow! I'll have to try that tomorrow morning when I condish as I have been having a hard time of late getting any sort of life / bounciness in my curls (especially on my right side- for some reason that side is quite a bit less curly and it def doesn't hold the curl as long). I don't have AOHR unfortunately though as I can't seem to find it at any local stores. But maybe going gel-less will still work for me and the condish I am currently using. *crosses fingers*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    enelya wrote: »
    wow! I'll have to try that tomorrow morning when I condish as I have been having a hard time of late getting any sort of life / bounciness in my curls (especially on my right side- for some reason that side is quite a bit less curly and it def doesn't hold the curl as long). I don't have AOHR unfortunately though as I can't seem to find it at any local stores. But maybe going gel-less will still work for me and the condish I am currently using. *crosses fingers*

Do you sleep on your right side??

Speckla
  • madmb20madmb20 Posts: 117Registered Users
    Katiecurl wrote: »
    THANK YOU, Madmb!! I did it again today... actually used shampoo (Alba) w/conditioner on ends, and then used the AOHR. Plopped for ten minutes with no product, and I even had a couple of ringlets after it dried. I am so, so happy!!!!! If this is all I have to do from now on, I am going to be so pumped....

CONGRATS Katiecurl! i'm so glad i could help someone else!:toothy7: don't u just love ringlets!!! of course, i only seem to get them in the front, but who's complaining, right!

how do you like the Alba shampoo? i have a trial size of Jessicurl that is almost out and i'm in the market for a new poo. i also have some deva no-poo but i like variety.
    2A/B
    still working on it
  • enelyaenelya Posts: 69Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    enelya wrote: »

Do you sleep on your right side??

Speckla

no, I thought that might be the reason, but I actually sleep more on my left... :dontknow:

Well I tried this, and I thought last night as my hair was drying that it had more life, but today my hair just looks stringy. But it's been that way for awhile now, so really, I can't say for sure yet if sans product will work for me. I think I'll have to try it with a more conditioning conditioner (the one I am using right now is light and just leaves my hair dry, dry, dry!).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file