? about Sulfate in hair gel

AlcyoneAlcyone Registered Users Posts: 22
I'm getting ready to start a CG routine and have been gathering CG friendly products. I picked up some Graham Webb Making Waves gel, which I saw on the boards was recommended and used by several CG girls with fine/thin hair (like me:disgust:), but when I double checked the ingredient list I was surprised to find sodium laureth sulfate in it. It's pretty far down the list, 14th out of 25, but I thought I should check with the experts before I started using it.

So what's the verdict: Fine to use since the sulfate is so far down the list or ditch it and try something else?

(and can anyone explain the use of sodium laureth sulfate in a hair gel, anyway?)

TIA
Erin

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Since it's 14th down the list, I don't think it'll pose a problem. Since you already bought it, I'd recommend you try it and see. Or, even better, rotate it with other hair CG hair gels (if you already have them; not that you have to buy more) if you're concerned it might be drying.
    At least it's laureth and not lauryl, so should be less drying.
    I'm not so sure why it's even in there. Maybe someone else can chime in about that.

Boomygrrl
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file